Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Shopping (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/)
-   -   Furniture (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/6664-furniture.html)

Belladonna 05-10-2010 17:30

Furniture

Is there anything like a regular car boot sale held in the area? We are thinking of getting some older style bits of furniture, but not at antique shop prices as we may be knocking them around a bit!

eleanor 05-10-2010 17:39

Bella, there is a second hand market on a Sunday morning in Consell. We visited it when we first bought the villa to find bits and pieces. At that time there was lots of second hand furniture some of which was quite lovely. It would obviously differ from week to week but may be worth a look. I also recall there was lots of 'junk' there too some quite expensive. If you want directions let me know as my sense of direction is nil so will ask husband. I remember a large car park area. It became very busy but mostly with locals. This was a few years ago and of course you would need to arrange transportation.

I recall a while back GG mentioned a place in Alcudia?? - I may be wrong and will try to find his post.

Gommar Goffer 05-10-2010 18:19

Yes there is a reclaimation yard in Alcudia - I think it is in Avenida de la Platja

Belladonna 05-10-2010 18:45

Thank you. Both seem the type of places we are thinking of. Will get the map out!;)

eleanor 05-10-2010 19:18

Thanks GG - I tink I may check this place out next time over too. Is it mostly furniture do you know? I would like to change our internal doors and wonder if this maybe the place to take a look.

Also - do I recall that there is (or used to be?) a secondhand furniture shop in the Port called Lovelace or something like that? Going back a few years so may be wrong.

phil 05-10-2010 21:01

Think it was called Lovejoy, not there anymore.

Gommar Goffer 05-10-2010 22:48

The yard is full of stuff taken out of hotels and the like after refits but they obviously do house cleances as well. Most of it is cr*p but we have picked up the odd bedside table and wrought iron table for the patio.

If you are after period sideboards and wardrobes they have plenty but not that cheap - just make sure you treat everything for woodworm:eek:

Also a good place for the odd slab of granite worktop.

eleanor 08-10-2010 18:58

Thanks GG - I don't think this will be the place to find my doors then but maybe worth taking a look anyway.

Deanscroft 09-10-2010 10:37

To find the Sunday second-hand market at Consell leave the motorway at junction 17. Take the old road into Consell heading towards Palma. The market is held in the Industrial Estate on the left hand side of the road as you leave the town. You may have to park some distance away and walk in as it is usually very busy.

The reclamation yard in Alcudia is behind the Mosquito Bar.Leave Alcudia Town by the road that passes Mercadona. The Mosquito Bar is at the first island you come to.

Belladonna 09-10-2010 11:37

Thank you, directions are ALWAYS welcome to me!;)

eleanor 09-10-2010 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deanscroft (Post 51117)
To find the Sunday second-hand market at Consell leave the motorway at junction 17. Take the old road into Consell heading towards Palma. The market is held in the Industrial Estate on the left hand side of the road as you leave the town. You may have to park some distance away and walk in as it is usually very busy.

The reclamation yard in Alcudia is behind the Mosquito Bar.Leave Alcudia Town by the road that passes Mercadona. The Mosquito Bar is at the first island you come to.

Thanks Deanscroft. This is very useful.

Sparky 09-10-2010 16:28

You could always do a late night reccy, the quality of some of the stuff the fly tippers dump around the port is amazing, especially near the bins ;).

Belladonna 09-10-2010 16:31

The only problem with that Sparky, is that in the dark I would probably come back with what I had put out a few hours earlier!!:rolleyes:

Sparky 09-10-2010 16:50

Shame on you my girl , take your unwanted antiques to the charity shop. :eek:;).

P.S i have just had a phone call literally while i am typing this post and i know you won't be here in time ....but all the furniture from Los Pescadores will be up for sale at the end of the month. This also includes kitchen equipment, glassware, crockery and cutlery. It is so sad!!!!.

Belladonna 09-10-2010 16:54

That is sad, an end of another little bit of history.
Actually, charity shops are not a bad place to look now and then for the odd bit of furniture. Not much comes into them obviously, but definately worth a glance now and then.