Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Shopping

Shopping Looking to buy something specific? Want to recommend a favourite shop or market?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-10-2009, 06:21

Default Directions to Mercadona

Hi

Can someone tell me where Mercadona is

Thanks

Gordon
Sponsored Links
Old 21-10-2009, 10:28

oh yes please.. going with 8 others next august (5 of which my always hungry boys) I wont be having a hire car but if this supermarket is a bit out of town i feel it would be worth stocking up.. can you get to it by bus?? or would a taxi just take up all the money you would have saved by not going to spar..
Old 21-10-2009, 14:51

Ok - now let me first of all explain, I am the type of person who gets losts driving off the drive so I will do my best here. Please if anyone else can give better instructions..........
Anyway - you need to make your way towards Alcudia and pass the castle on your left. Keep going past the market area and you will come to the end of the road and traffic lights. Turn right at these lights and continue down the road where you will find Mercadona on your left hand side. The car park is a little strange and is under the shop but plenty of room. I hope I have explained correctly as I said I am somewhat useless!
I really do find this to be the best place to shop in terms of price and variety of product. The fish counter is wonderful and I too buy many of their own brands which are much cheaper and really fine. Obviously like anywhere you need to keep and eye open especially for their offers which can be very good. You will find many locals shopping there and yes Saturday can be very busy. They are closed on Sunday but open to quite late during the week. As for a bus service, I really do not know but would think there is a possibility perhaps someone may have the answer to this. Taxi - well I would suppose that would depend on how large a shop you need to do and how much the taxi would be. It may not be worthwhile but i'm not sure. I would without question dodge the Spar though.
Again please forgive my vague directions.
Old 21-10-2009, 16:14

Excellent directions actually! If it does look busy, we sometimes park down the road leading off of the road on the right hand side opposite the suppermarket, next to the electrical shop. Now, THOSE directions look even more confusing!
Old 21-10-2009, 17:56

Gosh Bella - even I know where you mean with my lack of a sense of direction. lol
Old 21-10-2009, 20:34

Yey! Lets start up our own SatNav business el!!
Old 21-10-2009, 20:49

My directions to La Victoria are even better!! Gosh that could be some business Bella!! lol
Old 21-10-2009, 23:37

That was the Mercadona I used a few weeks ago for the first time.
The car park was a little bit confusing...
It's underneath the store. You have to take a ticket at the barrier on entry. Hand the ticket to the cashier when paying for your shopping and they print a bar code on your till receipt that you then have to scan at the car-park exit barrier to be allowed out
Oh and they play jingly adverts all the while you're shopping so I spent the rest of the week singing 'Mercadona...Mercadona'
Old 22-10-2009, 07:35

Well worth it as it is so much cheaper - there is a cost to dodging the Spar!! Look forward to hearing you singing Mercadona on the next Britains got talent ! lol
Old 22-10-2009, 12:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor View Post
As for a bus service, I really do not know but would think there is a possibility perhaps someone may have the answer to this.
Under normal circumstances the bus runs right past Mercadona but at the moment there are road works and all traffic has been diverted. Sorry not sure how long these road works will last but hopefully all will be fine for next summer!
Old 22-10-2009, 13:45

For those of us out before then though, can you say where the traffic is diverted from please? How close can you actually get to be able to park, are you able to get behind Llomgar and park there?
Old 23-10-2009, 10:36

Sorry Bella, can't help with these questions but some other knowledgeable being may be able to help.
Old 23-10-2009, 14:16

No problem. Im sure it will all be sorted differently when we finally go out next month anyway!
Old 24-10-2009, 09:38

The road was closed beyond Mercadona ,you can access the carpark and roads behind. I have been away for a couple of weeks so not sure if work is finished.
Old 30-07-2010, 14:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor View Post
Ok - now let me first of all explain, I am the type of person who gets losts driving off the drive so I will do my best here. Please if anyone else can give better instructions..........
Anyway - you need to make your way towards Alcudia and pass the castle on your left. Keep going past the market area and you will come to the end of the road and traffic lights. Turn right at these lights and continue down the road where you will find Mercadona on your left hand side. The car park is a little strange and is under the shop but plenty of room. I hope I have explained correctly as I said I am somewhat useless!
I really do find this to be the best place to shop in terms of price and variety of product. The fish counter is wonderful and I too buy many of their own brands which are much cheaper and really fine. Obviously like anywhere you need to keep and eye open especially for their offers which can be very good. You will find many locals shopping there and yes Saturday can be very busy. They are closed on Sunday but open to quite late during the week. As for a bus service, I really do not know but would think there is a possibility perhaps someone may have the answer to this. Taxi - well I would suppose that would depend on how large a shop you need to do and how much the taxi would be. It may not be worthwhile but i'm not sure. I would without question dodge the Spar though.
Again please forgive my vague directions.
Sorry to question these directions but I was told it was past the castle & straight on at the traffic lights then right. If you turn right at the lights immediatley after the market that takes you past the cement works then down to the big roundabout where the football ground is I think. Could someone please clarify the directions as I think we will be trying Mercadona for our first major shop this year,