Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Shopping

Shopping Looking to buy something specific? Want to recommend a favourite shop or market?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-04-2010, 15:10

Default supermarket open late?

I am arriving at 10pm at Palma and then heading by car for Puerto Pollensa to self catering apartment in Bellresguard Estate.
Can anyone tell me if there will be somewhere I can pick up milk and bread on my way to Puerto Pollensa from the airport?
I am hoping to get to the market on Sunday at Pollensa and know it will be an early start so would be good to have something in for breakfast.
Alternatively does anyone know of somewhere for provisions on Sunday morning early?
Sponsored Links
Old 30-04-2010, 15:50
Super Moderator

Hi Shaz and welcome to the forum, i assume you are arriving this weekend but it will be difficult (if not impossible) at that time of night to get supplies.
I don't know if you are renting privately or with an agency but it may be worth your while asking if they could supply a welcome pack. Most people are quite helpful for late arrivals and some offer this service free.
Old 30-04-2010, 23:19

If you come off the motorway at Inca there is a service station where you will be able to buy basic provisions...water, milk etc. Supermarkets close to Bellesregard will be open early to buy bread.

Alternatively what we have done is to pack in our suitcase a few tea bags, sachets of coffee, and a carton of long life milk (not ideal but will get you through a late arrival when you're gasping for a cuppa!!)

I would also recommend forgetting breakfast until you get to the market and secure a table at Il Giardino in the square.While one of your party orders coffee someone else pops to their pattiserie next door and buys croissant or pastries....sorted
Old 30-04-2010, 23:19

I agree with Sparky

Whoever you are renting from will either automatically leave you a basic pack ..... water ; milk tea coffee as a minimum or if not will be able to arrange one for you in advance from whoever does their cleaning for them

There is a small spar shop on Bellresguard which will be fine for your sunday morning breakfast basics and some more water but my advice would be to go to the supermarket for your main shop and this will be open until 2pm on Sunday ...... but don't let this visit stop you getting to the market in pollensa as it is a must not miss experience

Spar is good for lunchtime baguettes ...... yes you can get them cheaper elsewhere but as we do at home with our corner shops we pay for the convenience of supplies on the doorstep

Can I add having just seen Debz reply ..... pastries from It Gardino are not to be missed either .............. and after you have eaten them and mooched around the market climb the calvary steps to get rid of the pastry guilt ....... then you can sit back down in the square and have a plate of Tapas ................. sunday isn't sunday in Pollensa without Patatas Bravas

Last edited by its cd; 30-04-2010 at 23:23.
Old 07-05-2010, 21:16

Thanks very much for all your advice.
I am arriving on the 15th May and it is really appreciated getting a few tips on what to do.
Even simple things like taking a small amount of long life milk - I am sure I can pick them up when I am out for a coffee tomorrow! At least in the morning a cup of something to start and then head off to Pollensa town market as suggested.
This is my second visit to Puerto Pollensa, 1st was last year and both my mum and I had the most enjoyable break in many years. We both found the resort to be just what we wanted and best of all nobody trying to force you into restaurants and nobody selling tat on the streets!
I have diversed slightly!