Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Shopping

Shopping Looking to buy something specific? Want to recommend a favourite shop or market?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-01-2010, 18:18

Default caprobos

Just found out from different thread about walkway from Pollensa to the port that Eroski have taken over Caprabo,does that apply to rest of island,does any one know.Caprabo was my best supermarket,i still have large glass teacups purchased in 2004,they are used daily.Has the eroski kept the fresh fish counter the bakery,although i remember eroski having rather luscious bakery themselves.
Never mind just abit of a surprise.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-01-2010, 19:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
Just found out from different thread about walkway from Pollensa to the port that Eroski have taken over Caprabo,does that apply to rest of island,does any one know.Caprabo was my best supermarket,i still have large glass teacups purchased in 2004,they are used daily.Has the eroski kept the fresh fish counter the bakery,although i remember eroski having rather luscious bakery themselves.
Never mind just abit of a surprise.
Eroski bought out all the Caprabo supermarkets two years ago. The fish counter is still there (and good IMO) however the bakery (in the 'island' store) is no longer.
Old 25-01-2010, 17:22

Eroski is nothing like as good as Caprabo was IMO - we have started using the Hiper supermarket a few streets down towards the sea. It isn't as big but has a better selection. Popular with locals whereas Eroski seems to focus more on the tourist trade.
Old 25-01-2010, 19:28

I miss Caprabo sooo much - my family thought it hilarious that I would bring home their own brand wash tablets as I loved them so much But one load of washing done with them in the middle of winter brought back all the summer feelings with one sniff...
Anyway, we now go to the big supermarket in Alcudia for the main shop of the holiday and then use Eroski to top up but IMHO it is nowhere near as good as Caprabo even if it is a cooperative and therefore good for the staff.
Old 29-01-2010, 18:29

I'm glad its not just me,shopping in the caprabo was part of the holiday,their lovely baguettes for lunch,1 euro each or something like that,just looking at all the cool things we don't get here we used to take their cling film and foil home,i know,what ever floats your boat,the shelves of lovely spanish wine ,i expect lots has changed in three years.
Old 26-04-2010, 22:42

Is this the supermarket almost at the end of town heading towards Pollensa? I use this when staying in PP but this year we are staying at Playa Mar so can't carry a few days shop this far. Does the supermarket have taxis on site so to speak? If not how would I get one?
Thaks