Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Shopping (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/)
-   -   caprobos (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/5582-caprobos.html)

scarlett 24-01-2010 18:18

caprobos

Just found out from different thread about walkway from Pollensa to the port that Eroski have taken over Caprabo,does that apply to rest of island,does any one know.Caprabo was my best supermarket,i still have large glass teacups purchased in 2004,they are used daily.Has the eroski kept the fresh fish counter the bakery,although i remember eroski having rather luscious bakery themselves.
Never mind just abit of a surprise.

Sun Properties 24-01-2010 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlett (Post 38801)
Just found out from different thread about walkway from Pollensa to the port that Eroski have taken over Caprabo,does that apply to rest of island,does any one know.Caprabo was my best supermarket,i still have large glass teacups purchased in 2004,they are used daily.Has the eroski kept the fresh fish counter the bakery,although i remember eroski having rather luscious bakery themselves.
Never mind just abit of a surprise.

Eroski bought out all the Caprabo supermarkets two years ago. The fish counter is still there (and good IMO) however the bakery (in the 'island' store) is no longer.

kate1 25-01-2010 17:22

Eroski is nothing like as good as Caprabo was IMO - we have started using the Hiper supermarket a few streets down towards the sea. It isn't as big but has a better selection. Popular with locals whereas Eroski seems to focus more on the tourist trade.

joelise80 25-01-2010 19:28

I miss Caprabo sooo much - my family thought it hilarious that I would bring home their own brand wash tablets as I loved them so much :) But one load of washing done with them in the middle of winter brought back all the summer feelings with one sniff...
Anyway, we now go to the big supermarket in Alcudia for the main shop of the holiday and then use Eroski to top up but IMHO it is nowhere near as good as Caprabo even if it is a cooperative and therefore good for the staff.

scarlett 29-01-2010 18:29

I'm glad its not just me,shopping in the caprabo was part of the holiday,their lovely baguettes for lunch,1 euro each or something like that,just looking at all the cool things we don't get here we used to take their cling film and foil home,i know,what ever floats your boat,the shelves of lovely spanish wine ,i expect lots has changed in three years.

mcrterry 26-04-2010 22:42

Is this the supermarket almost at the end of town heading towards Pollensa? I use this when staying in PP but this year we are staying at Playa Mar so can't carry a few days shop this far. Does the supermarket have taxis on site so to speak? If not how would I get one?
Thaks