Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Shopping (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/)
-   -   sunday supermarkets (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/5433-sunday-supermarkets.html)

benjoe 27-11-2009 14:09

sunday supermarkets

hi all
can you tell me in the high season is the main supermarket open on
a sunday .

PP76 27-11-2009 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by benjoe (Post 37341)
hi all
can you tell me in the high season is the main supermarket open on
a sunday .

Yes, I think it closes at 3pm on Sunday's.

PP76

pollensa 27-11-2009 18:08

See our Shopping page for more details Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca Majorca - Shops, Markets :)

romanb 20-12-2009 18:26

We arrive next Sunday (day after boxing day) late afternoon is there likely to be anywhere open that we can buy milk and basic provisions for breakfast the following morning. Even if it is small shop in garage.

eleanor 20-12-2009 18:36

Hi Romanb, I just spoke to the lady who looks after our villa and I asked her the question. Although she doesn't know for sure she said that she thinks you might just be pushing it a little. It seems that although there are limited shops open on Sundays outside of season the fact that it is Christmas weekend will mean even few will open.
You do not say where you are staying but perhaps maybe there is someone who can arrange to purchase the basics for you? I know that either the person looking after my villa or my cleaner will always purchase the basics for either myself or our rental customers if we request. At least then you need not worry. Just an idea.

romanb 20-12-2009 22:02

Hi Eleanor, Thank you for asking for me. I have already asked if it would be possible to have a welcome pack and the answer was no. The owner of the villa is French and the caretaker does not speak english so if there is not anywhere open we will have to make do and take some tea bags and coffee. We are staying in Pollensa town just a short walk from the centre so will walk in and have breakfast in town, when we visited the same time last year a couple of the cafes were open so hopefully this year will be the same.

eleanor 20-12-2009 22:31

That's a good idea, Romanb. I'm sure if you wished you could buy water at the airport to get you through until you can find a shop open. We boil tap water for our tea and coffee and can still tell the tale!
I hope all works out ok and you have a good time in Pollensa.
Happy Christmas

CathB 03-01-2010 15:45

Arriving early evening Sat 16th Jan and will bring some essentials with us - does anyone know if either the Eroski supermarkets will be open on the Sunday (as its Fiesta weekend)...many thanks..

Sparky 03-01-2010 17:11

Hi Cath, they didn't put up the Christmas opening hours until 2 days before but i will post times as soon as i find out. :)

CathB 11-01-2010 22:43

any more news on the weekend opening times for the supermarkets ..(sorry to be a nag but getting excited now...how many sleeps now ;) )

Sparky 11-01-2010 22:55

I will let you know as soon as i get the info Cath.;);)

natartingstall 29-03-2010 19:18

I've heard there is a supermarket at the roundabout (with the sculpture of the plane) coming into town on the ave de joan XX111. Is this Eroski? and what are the opening times on saturday and sunday,
Thanks

ray 29-03-2010 19:33

Yes its Eroski. Usually open 9 til 9 saturday and til 1pm on Sunday

natartingstall 30-03-2010 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray (Post 41626)
Yes its Eroski. Usually open 9 til 9 saturday and til 1pm on Sunday

Thanks very much Ray, that's just the info I was looking for

Cheers Nat:D:D:D