Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Shopping

Shopping Looking to buy something specific? Want to recommend a favourite shop or market?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-07-2009, 23:18

Default Cloth nappies in Pollenca

A bit random I know, but does anyone know whether the baby shop in Pollenca (just down from the taxi rank going towards the supermarket) sells old fashioned Terry Squares, and if so what sort of price they are, of can you give me details of the shop so I can phone and ask them?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2009, 14:03

The British Food Shop In Calle mendez Nunez, PP advertises that it sells Nappies. Their e mail is rex@thebfs.e.telefonica.net and tel;+34 971 865386.

Might be worth getting in touch with them if nothing else comes up from your baby shop enquiry.
Old 01-08-2009, 14:32
Founder

I just wonder whether they even use them in Spain? Years ago, in fact about 23 years ago, I had my eldest son in Holland. I wanted to have some terry nappies as a fall back (in case of nappy rash etc.) but they didn't exist. You could only get disposable nappies.

I know this was a different country & years ago but you may find that they don't exist or if they do the fabric is different - those I found in Holland were more like tea-towels!

So if you do find out, do let us know!
Old 01-08-2009, 14:48

Thanks both. I'm a full time cloth nappy user at home, and shocked by the potential cost of buying disposables for 3 weeks, but can't really bring my nappies with me because of luggage allowance!

I think what I'm going to do is a mix of some disposables, and some folded muslins, which should be OK as baby is still only 9 months old. They are light and relatively small to pack and will only need a dozen....if I do find any cloth nappies for sale I will let you know though, just to 'close the loop' should it ever come up again!

MrsD
Old 03-08-2009, 17:52

Default Nappies

Hi,

I returned from 3 weeks in PP not long ago with my baby who was 6 months old. I was in most of the baby shops but did not see any cloth nappies - although was not really looking - but it is not something I have ever seen there.

At home I use Pampers and they sell these in PP too, but they are called Dodots. If you go into the pharmacy they do actually sell Pampers. I saw the British food store advertising the fact they sell them too. To be honest they were not too expensive. I bought a large pack of Dodots on arrival from the Eroski at the sea plane roundabout and think it was about 20 euros but it had about 80 nappies in it and nearly did me for the 3 weeks. For the last couple of days I bought a small pack of pampers from the pharmacy (think pack of 20) and it was only about 7 euros.

So overall not too expensive and I would buy over there as if you get done for excess baggage it would cost you more than that !

Any other questions on milk etc don't hesitate to ask.

Star. x