Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Shopping (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/)
-   -   Caprabo equivalent? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/4450-caprabo-equivalent.html)

smg 02-04-2009 21:18

Caprabo equivalent?

I gather that this was taken over last year. Is there still a supermarket on that site? Eroski? Is it any good? Caprabo used to be lots more fun than just a supermarket run - gettting into the underground car park was a laugh, for a start.

Would it be cheaper to go there or the Alcampo @ Port D'Iinca on the way from the airport for villa basics - beers, wines, pasta etc? We usually stop at Decathlon anyway, but I guess the exchange rate has pretty much put paid to the sports kit bargains that we used to get there.

Less than 7 weeks to go now.....

its cd 02-04-2009 21:56

Eroski is on same site as Cabrabo was so you won't have to miss all the fun of the underground car park

I think where you shop is really down to personal taste

There are some things Caprabo had that we loved that Eroski just don';t do - San Milan Cheese ( you can get it fromthe SYP in the port though ) and the 3 pack of pate - Fines Heirbes; Negre and something else ......... anyway I digress ........... there are also lots of great things - their Absoltut brand of breakfast cereals are great and MUCH cheaper than kellogs

Certainly Al Campo is bigger and has more choice ......... but for me PP is all about getting to the apartment, dumping the cases, going for a quick walk down the pine walk , having a drink and if hungry a quick bite at the Bahia or Joker and then back to base, in the car and off to Caprabo ( yes I know its Eroski but we still call it Caprabo ! )

debz1 02-04-2009 21:57

The new supermarket is indeed Eroski and it's better than Caprabo in some ways...the fruit and veg imo are definitely. However it doesn't have the shoe and underwear section that Caprabo used to have and I used to love that bit :rolleyes:

Agree with you about the underground carpark! We were once coming up the slope with a boot full of shopping, which we, what am I talking about we, hubby hadn't shut properly:mad:The next thing three 5 litre bottles were rolling down the slope:eek:Not a great start to the holiday but we saw the funny side later :D

Mercadona in Alcudia is quite a bit cheaper but we tend to go to Eroski as it's so convenient.

debz1 02-04-2009 21:59

LOl @ cd you just pipped me to the post! They do still do the 3 pack of pate I bought some last week.

And we still call it Caprabo too :)

Gommar Goffer 03-04-2009 12:10

It's still Caprabo for us too. Used to get all our patio furniture there which I don't think they do now.

If you like the underground car park at caprabo you should try the one at Mercadona in Alcudia:eek:

its cd 03-04-2009 23:59

In the days when luggage was free and unlimited we bought a drinks trolly and set of loungers from caprabo and took the home on the plane as checked in luggage still use them inthe garden to this day on the odd sunny day

Oh and great news re pate debs we are over on 19th for a week so will be looking out for that

smg 05-04-2009 21:32

thanks for the replies

hope they still sell Ximenez

looking forward to my 1st pp hol where I don't have to drive into town

kids seem relaxed about spending all day in villa pool, so after Sunday morning Pollensa market, back for Monaco GP, then no need to venture too far for the rest of the week

just wish it was 2, now....

med777 06-04-2009 00:13

tales of eroski !

I so wish it still was caprabo !!!!!!!!!!!!
eroski just totally confuses me ! they have all these deals on offer that I never understand, hmmmm should i have bought 1 , 3, 2 or 4 of 'em ! and I keep tripping over things.. doesnt seem to matter when I go... the place seems to be in some sort of perpetual stock fill situation ... except the stock is always in the isles (opps.. the scot in me ! ) aisles and the shelves are empty ! tell me, somebody please, that is has improved since november... or come to my rescue, be my 'personal shopper' in eroski !;)
Miriam