Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Shopping (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/)
-   -   Supermarket Home Delivery (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/4441-supermarket-home-delivery.html)

Stocktonmackem 31-03-2009 11:12

Supermarket Home Delivery

just wondering if the Eroski or any of the supermarkets deliver to your apartment. I was sick of carrying heavy shopping home with me last year.

pollensa 31-03-2009 11:43

Last year there was a sign up in one of them (can't remember which) saying that they will deliver for you. Has anyone used this service?

its cd 31-03-2009 22:40

The Spar on the Formentor Road ( Bellresguard ) delivers free for orders over either 50 or 100 euros

I think you can email it or phone it to them before you go ..... I'm over at end of April so will have a look and then post

they are probably a bit dearer than Eroski but I don;t think they will be much dearer and they do have a fabulous selection of foods and wines

ray 01-04-2009 18:30

Eroski deliver for 5euros,think minimum spend is about 20euros. Spars in th port are vvvv expensive!

whaleywanderer 02-04-2009 08:15

Hi Ray

It's so good to have someone on-site who can answer all these questions.

Re: Eroski - Do you have to arrange delivery before shopping? Just thinking about chilled/frozen food.

Stocktonmackem 02-04-2009 16:02

Thanks Ray, I would rather pay 5 euro than struggle back to my apartments with loads of bags as I did last year. Im sure i will be spending more than 20euros
cheers
stocktonmackem

whaleywanderer 20-04-2009 09:39

Looked at the Eroski site (in English), checked out the items, read their terms & conditions and thought what a brilliant idea - register and get all my shopping delivered for the morning after my arrival. Needless to say easier said than done - the registration form would not let me input my address.:confused: I emailed them to ask if you had to be a resident to register the answer was that you had to either put your residence no. or your NIE no. in. I have tried several times, using my NIE no. but with no luck. Has anybody else tried to register with them and were you successful?

BFS 20-05-2009 18:46

I think you need to be a spanish resident or at least registered and have an NIE number.

The British Food Shop in Calle Mendez Nuņez, deliver FOC on orders over 25.00 euros.

All staff are British so no language problems.

See http://www.puertopollensa.com/shops.html

whaleywanderer 21-05-2009 09:10

Eroski

I tried to register recently and although I have an NIE no. the registration form would not let me input my spanish address. I rang customer services but there was only one adviser and she did not speak any English.

It would be really handy to be able to pre order your groceries and eliminate having to carry heavy bags back to the apartment :( I would be interested to hear if anyone has managed to register for this service.

pauln90 22-05-2009 10:20

We too used to struggle carrying groceries back to the apartment/villa but the simple answer was either to phone for a taxi using the number at the rank or even easier ask the staff at the Caprabo,oh it's Eroski now isn't it, to phone a taxi. Never waited more than a couple of minutes for it to arrive always had a helpful driver and cost 5-7 euros depending on where we stayed.

JoC 18-07-2009 18:07

Supermarket home delivery

I have used both Eroski supermarkets and had my shopping delivered for 5 euros. Pretty good service - I usually walk over early in the morning, stack a trolley as high as I can, pay, arrange delivery then stop off for breakfast at a local cafe.

By the time I have finished and walked back to our apartment, the shopping has usually arrived. If I am really lucky, my OH and the kids have put the shopping away!

Stocktonmackem 19-07-2009 08:39

Thanks for the info. I will definately do that when I go in 8 days time. (but who's counting):)