Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Shopping

Shopping Looking to buy something specific? Want to recommend a favourite shop or market?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 22:39

Default Weetos

Hi guys. First time poster. We're coming up to our first time in PP (Wednesday 6th aug 08) - together you people have quashed all of my reservations about going to Mallorca.

Now then - the question. Can I buy Weetos anywhere or do I bring a fortnight's worth? Our kid (7) eats B.A. else for breakfast!

Ta. (take it easy on the new boy). Thanks for any answers.

Arrabest,

Noel (Qualities. Just turned 44, Belfast, Receding, 19 Stone [but carries it well ]. . 6' 3" Handicap 20 . No penalty points. Bad Speler.)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2008, 06:51

Noel

I am not sure specifically about Weetos but you can get most cereals in the main supermarket.

Failing that you might get them in the British Food Shop (close to the Flora Apartments). You could give them a ring before you go to check if they stock them.

Sharon
Old 03-08-2008, 09:54

Talking Weetos

Hi Noel. tel no for the British Food Shop 0034 971865386. If you need directions ask anyone where the Salvation Army shop is and its almost next door. Enjoy P.P. have a great holiday.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:07

Sharonh y slipalong & lola.

Thank you both. As it happens I'm staying in the Flora.

I've just given the shop a ring - the guy spoke extremely good English. Probably because he is English, giving him an advantage in that department.

Anyway, they don't sell them! So I know to take a stash rather than to take the risk. either that or just let the wee bugger starve.

(Slipalong: The people on this forum have whetted the appetite for PP & we are very much looking forward to our visit. I hope to have useful things to add here on my return and give back some of what I have learned. Thanks for your good wishes.)
Old 03-08-2008, 10:26
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Noel, hope you have a fantastic holiday. I am sure, like all of us, you will fall in love with PP. I see you are staying in the Flora, across the road is a bar called Pepe's where you will find food and drink prices are very reasonable. Look forward to reading all about the holiday when you return. Sparky.
Old 03-08-2008, 14:43

Hello and welcome Noel!

The big supermarkets are very well stocked. Don't know about weetos but we got Kellogs Bran Flakes in the Capabro on the way into the Port - there was a whole aisle of cereal so you might be lucky.

Have a lovely holiday!

Lala
Old 03-08-2008, 20:29

Hi Noel, just asked my 13 year old Weetos expert and he said that there is cereal in Caprabo that will match them, also said did I realise he usually has strawberry milk on his cereal on holiday..................! Let me tell you they get no better and just wait for the Pot Noodle phase to kick in.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:22

Cool

"Pepe's" - Check.
"Capabro" - Check.
"strawberry milk on cereal" - bloooarrggh!

Thanks all. 1 day, 19 hours, 53 minutes to takeoff and counting.
Old 04-08-2008, 19:48

Smile wheetos

Hi Noel. One good tip, try and get your hands on a copy of Holiday in P P.This years edition has a red cover and can normally be found free of charge around the town.We grab one every year and its been invaluable for local info, telephone numbers ect. Its a fountain of information and despite having been to P.P. for many years we always try to find a copy. Dont know if they will have any left but we found this years copy in the Hot Tub shop just around the corner from Caprabo Supermarket, so might be worth a look. Again ,have a great holiday wish we were there too. Cheers.
Old 12-08-2008, 14:29

Thought I hijack this thread with a wee postcard to you from the Flora PP.

Great establishment - the air conditioning in the room is getting a quare blattering! All staff friendly and humerous.

On the various helpful responses above. I couldnīt get Weetos!! But the kid seems very happy with the equivalent you refer to joelise called "Nestles Cereales" from Euroski.

Pepeīs was indeed my first establishment visited for a much needed thirst quencher. For both food and drink he provides good fast and friendly service. I was talking to a guy who came up to Pepeīs from downtown because of the value for money. So a good shout there. I got my brekkie there this morning. It cost 6 euros for a Hash brown, white pudding, banger, 2 rashers, beans, mushrooms, tomato, 2 fried eggs, 2 rounds of toast and cafe con leche. A pint is 2.20

The PP Holiday magazine is available everywhere and is a great resource for info' including good maps.

If I could change one thing it would be to turn the heat down, thereīs gravy running down parts of my body that I didnīt know I had! I think we may have done more - but havenīt strayed from the beach (great and safe for a swim) or the pool.

Take care all. Thanks again - More later.
Old 12-08-2008, 16:00

Awww so wish I was there now Noel
Old 12-08-2008, 21:29

Noel

Glad you found an appropriate alternative to the 'Weetos'!

You really seem to be enjoying yourselves. Hope the rest of the holiday goes well.

Sharon