Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Shopping (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/)
-   -   Best supermaket? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/1515-best-supermaket.html)

jiggy 21-08-2005 09:38

Best supermaket?

Hi everyone,
Will be in PP on the 27 aug. for the first time, staying in a villa in Gommar.

Can anyone of you most resourceful people tell me the nearest & cheapest supermarket for food & wine (yes you jane!!:D )

Where are caprabo, syp & hiper centro? & is the spar expensive? Its not that i,m careful with my money or anything (ok, ok, i,m tight!!) Can you buy most British brands (fussy children eaters)

jiggy

debz1 21-08-2005 19:40

If you have a car the best and nearest supermarket is Caprabo..you can't miss it it's on the main road into the port and about 2 minutes from the turning to Gommar.If you do a big shop when you first arrive you can then get everyday things..bread water etc from the small Spar in Gommar. You will find a lot of popular British brands as well as Spanish produce ,and a good selection of wine at similar to UK prices. Jane's in PP herself now but if you read some of her reviews she has recommended some good wines.

We are out at the same time as you so might bump into in the checkout queue :)

Have a great holiday...guarantee you will! :D :D :D

Debs

mallorcaboy 22-08-2005 03:03

If you can't live without that certain something from England, there is The British Food Shop, next door to Multi Video in the Port

debz1 22-08-2005 03:14

Hi mallorcaboy

Do you know if they sell marmite? I keep forgetting to take a jar out with me!

And you know what they say about either loving it or hating it...well I love it and the mozzies hate it apparently,or rather they hate the taste of humans who have eaten it!!

Thanks I'm definitely going to have a look in this shop.

Debs

pollensaman 22-08-2005 05:26

I am sure you will get marmite at The British Food Shop see for details www.puertopollensa.com/shops.html#featured

jiggy 22-08-2005 07:15

Hi Debz
thanks for the directions. we might bump into each other, i,ll be the one with 3 screaming kids :eek (not all mine) & a sunburnt head (unless i,m wearing my holiday hat:hat )
thanks again
jiggy

PennyWhite 22-08-2005 23:45

If you are new to PP as we were, best to find the underground carpark at Caprado, as that is where all the trollys end up! Good shop for stocking up a carfull of heavy things (like bottles)... loads of other small supermarkets all over the place lots with instore bakeries for breakfast pastries etc.

jiggy 26-08-2005 09:38

Hi penny
Thank for the tip, especially the one about the heavy bottles:rollin .
we will try and find caprabos on our first day , which is ONLY 2 DAYS AWAY, :D :D
will report back when we get home:(
thanks again
jiggy

ChrisLox 26-08-2005 16:04

Hi Jiggy,
If you want to experience shopping to the max while in Mallorca and you have a car, go and take a drive to Alcampo. It’s just off the main Palma to Inca road on the outskirts of Palma itself. It’s a truly eye opening experience with its own shopping mall and restaurants tied in.
Also not far from here is Festival Park which is a designer retail park like the ones we have over in England only better. It has a cinema, restaurants, a disco, a video arcade and much more. Great for a family day out!

smiddy 26-08-2005 18:15

Al Campo

Chris, I go down there often, huge place, i only go for shopping, not to appreciate all the dollies running around on their roller skates;)

ChrisLox 27-08-2005 06:54

Re: Al Campo

yeah, smiddy I'd forgot about that! Reminded me a bit of Hooters bar in Nottingham. I wonder what those Senoritas will do for a 10€ tip?!
BTW has anyone been to that posh Caprabo at Can Picafort?