Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Shopping

Shopping Looking to buy something specific? Want to recommend a favourite shop or market?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2007, 07:20
fizzy100

Default shopping!

Just wondering if anyone knows about opening times for supermarkets over easter? I arrive at lunchtime on good friday. Also is there anything interesting going on over easter?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2007, 23:50
gemmakate

Yes come on guys......surely you seasoned PP visitors know if shops are open as normal over the Easter Weekend!
Im waiting to book flights here!
Just want to know as we are visiting to make final arrangements for our wedding in July. If the florists, bakers and beauty salons are shut perhaps we should re-schedule?
Old 08-03-2007, 18:26

This is a total guess, but I would think that they will either be closed or on very reduced hours on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Monday.

My mum and dad have been caught out twice on holidays on mainland Spain and found that virtually everything was shut - this was on 1st May (May Day) and 1st November (All Souls/Saints). Not just shops and Supermarkets but even some restaurants were closed. They weren't in small towns either the first time was in Madrid and the second in Barcelona.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:05
Founder

If you look under events (for last year)www.puertopollensa.com/events.html#MarApr you will see that only Good Friday is an actual public holiday so shops are likely to be open on the Monday & possibly the Saturday. Why don't you try contacting the tourist office - see www.puertopollensa.com/tourist_information.html
Old 09-03-2007, 09:09
Gommar Goffer

Caprabo - the supermarket on the 'seaplane roundabout' - is normally open all over the Easter weekend. Good friday and Easter Sunday open 10 till 2 as i recall.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:41
fizzy100

Great.... thanx for the info. If its the only big supermarket open imagine the queues!! Shame u can't get an on line delivery!
Old 10-03-2007, 07:25

I have to say this, but last year I was in a queue for ages in Caprabo - I was not very happy! I don't mind it at home in Tesco's on a Friday night, but on holiday...no thanks!

It's a very busy, popular supermarket and we've always gone to SYP (Eroski Center) on the main Puerto Pollensa-Pollensa road. I heard via the forum that the old supermarket has been extended so this may be an alternative to Caprabo if it's busy.

Also, Mercadona in Alcudia is very good as well. Good prices and lots of choice.

Jane
Old 10-03-2007, 23:43

We always use the Hipermercado on Vicenc Buades. Its surprisingly large once you're inside and there are fewer tourists!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:27
Gommar Goffer

The old SYP supermarket has actually moved to the little business park just next door. Quite smart!

As for Mercadona in Alcudia I just could not beleive how cheap the wine is there!! snzzzz!
Old 12-03-2007, 23:22

Although SYP has moved to better premises, I cant say I think the contents has improved. I found the old SYP wonderful for the BBQ meats and kebabs, and lots of Spanish individuality, the new one seems a bit too westernised for my liking - mind you, I did find some great chocolate!!