Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Shopping

Shopping Looking to buy something specific? Want to recommend a favourite shop or market?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2007, 02:05
mags

Default Markets

Thought folks might like some feedback on the various markets you can visit in the PP area. Having arrived in pp on Saturday afternoon we managed to get up a bit earlier and get the bus to the Pollensa market on the Sunday morning. We were not disappointed, after a short walk from the bus stop through a couple of streets you come across this wonderful outburst of colour and life in the town square where the market is held. A wonderful array of flowers and plants, fruit and vegetables, tapas, nuts, olives, leatherware and lots and lots of crafts and jewellery all winding up the various quaint little streets. The bars and restaurants are all around the edge of the market so it is interesting to sit and have a cool drink and watch the world go by. On Tuesday we again caught the bus to Alcudia market. We thought the old town was wonderful but the market was quite tatty with a lot of rubbish not worth buying. There were still some good fruit and veg stalls and interesting little shops. On Wednesday the market is held in the square in PP. This was very busy and jam packed so that you could hardly get around. By now we were beginning to recognise some of the same stalls from the other two markets. I would say that Pollensa is the best followed by PP. I don't think I would bother with Alcudia again.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2007, 03:52

I love the Pollensa market the best! I could wander around the fruit and veg stalls for ages taking photos!

A seat at the Cafe Espanyol with a morning coffee while you watch the market going on is heaven!

Just 11 weeks and we'll be back!

Jane
Old 05-06-2007, 04:40

Agree with Jane here .... but its only 6 weeks for us wooopeeee

I also like PP Market, but agree it can be very busy ...... we usually try to get an early start, get a look around before it gets too busy and then all meet up for a coffee at Maxims, to watch the world go by, all be it through a towel or tablecloth stall .... well its adds to the fun doesn't it ! then a quick wander around the fruit, cheese and Serano Ham stalls to replenish what we have eaten since Sunday and off back to the apartment

Other Markets I have visited

.......... flea Market in Palma on a sunday morning .... remember it fondly but it was about 15 years ago so could be awful by now , or not even taking place

--------- Inca ..... don't bother

Have also visited a small market in either Sa Pobla, Arta or Santa Margaleda ... sorry can;t remember which ......... however, it was more of a true market ..... a bit like the "other market" in Pollensa on a sunday .... I guess you will know the one I am talking about, its a few roads back from the main square , in another square and it sells all sorts of interesting stuff ...... old style clothes, tools, strange toys and loads of bra's