Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Shopping

Shopping Looking to buy something specific? Want to recommend a favourite shop or market?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2007, 18:22
mncollyer

Default Supermarkets

We are due to arrive in PP later this month which are the best supermarkets and whereabouts are they.

Thanks Mark
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2007, 20:12

We've always used SYP (now Eroski) as you head towards the port from Pollensa. It's on the right hand side on a new industrial estate. It's brand new but I do miss the old SYP!

Another big supermarket is Caprabo just as you enter the port on the left hand side. It can be very busy!

One we used last year and which we found was very good value was Mercadona in Alcudia. Drive past the walls of the old town and at the set of traffic lights turn right. It's a little way down on the left hand side and has an underground car-park.

There are lots of smaller supermarkets in PP itself and there's a small SYP before you get to the marina roundabout.

Jane
Old 06-09-2007, 23:56
Roy and Katie

I wouldn't recommend Mercadona if you are going by car. They have just installed car park barriers and it has restricted the already tight entrance into a nightmare. They installed bollards to control the exit lane and these were squashed after two days as cars with a large turning circle couldn't make the turn.

If you are driving from the airport, then Alcampo at the Point D'Inca turn off on the main motorway to PP is the one of the best supermarkets on the island. It is huge and has a massive car park.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:36

Default Syp v Capabro

We much prefer Syp. Had really poor fruit and veg at Capabro. Syp was much better quality and nice butcher meat too for the BBQ! :b
Old 07-09-2007, 02:13
tievenaghtanya

Default Re: Syp v Capabro

hi,
we have visited a few supermarkets over the years and we prefer SYP/ Eroski on the right travelling from pollensa to the port. It is not huge ,but the quality of food we feel is better and we find the staff super helpful. I remember a few years ago trying my best to ask the butcher if he would dice my chiken fillets with my very limited knowledge of spanish , and to my surprise he replied "yes love".
Old 08-09-2007, 17:17
mncollyer

Default Alcampo at Point D'Inca

Where is this supermarket near Palma or PP not been to Majorca before.
We will need to pick up some bits when we arrive at about 6PM so will it still be open as we head over to PP

Mark
Old 08-09-2007, 20:00
Roy and Katie

Default Re: Alcampo at Point D'Inca

Alcampo is just outside Palma directly on the way to PP.

From the airport, take the road to Palma, then the turn off to Andraix (via Centura).

then the turn off to Porto Alcudia (NOT the one to Point D'Inca which is the turn off before Porto Alcudia - it is a much longer way)

After about 2 miles take the turn off to Point D'Inca and then the slip road to the commercial centre which takes you into the Alcampo car park. There is also a DIY store "Leroy Merlin" which you may notice first as the sign is large.

It takes about 15 minutes from the airport.

Alcampo closes at 21.30 and is closed on most Sundays. It is huge, with assistants on rollerskates. There is good fruit and veg, unlike a lot of mallorcian supermarkets. There is a cash machine in the shopping centre attached to Alcampo, or you can pay with a credit card together with passport or photocard driving licence. Trolleys need a one euro coin or a 50 cent coin, baskets are free.
Old 08-09-2007, 20:01
Founder

If you look at our airport directions - see www.puertopollensa.com/Arriving.html you will see two major supermarkets mentioned - first is Carrefour which we normally go to on the way & further on (at about 11km) is Alcampo. You will also see Caprabro mentioned as you arrive in Puerto Pollensa but it can be very busy on changeover days & has a habit of running out of milk!
Old 09-09-2007, 15:45
lizglass1

The is also the Hiper, going out of the port on the RHS between the Syp and the Hiper. It has a good wet fish counter every day- but go early as it sells out.
The little Voramar on the Formentor road had a good bakers counter with lovely Coca pie- sim. to pizza -but with thin base and thick tasty topping.
Lots of places do different Coca- veg, prawn ,peppers, herby, cheesy. I think they are mainly homemade and most of them are lovely.
Also check out Scklecker on the port, it's like superdrug but the stuff is at supermarket prices with good variety, sometimes even cheaper in fact.
The quality of their stuff is great.
Old 10-09-2007, 00:48
liz d

Default Supermarkets

When we arrive in Puerto Pollensa, we take a stroll along the pine walk and stop at supermarket Voramar. It sells all the essentials, wine, water, Nibbles, milk and also has a fantastic bakery section. It is a bit like a Tesco Metro with spanish flare, fantastic views and a couple of wonderful spots to enjoy your first views of the bay. I think it is open until 10 pm, Have a good time.