Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Shopping (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/)
-   -   Question regarding sim cards & shopping (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/12231-question-regarding-sim-cards-shopping.html)

CathB 07-07-2015 13:19

Ok the latest instalment- went to Three shop this morning with my mifi unit very helpful they were too...all options explained and the best option is a rolling 30 day contract ..10gb data for £15 you can take it out today for example ( its set up within 30 mins) and ring and cancel tomorrow ..so you have the months data..can then be re activated in a couple of months if required .. I am with another provider and so far have connected 2 phones to it ..all set for Saturday I hope 😃😃

lollipop 07-07-2015 16:19

The bus from the port stops on the opposite side of the road to Lidl going and Just down from Lidl near to the co-operativa to come back.

clinkham 07-07-2015 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by CathB (Post 105081)
..10gb data for £15 you can take it out today for example ( its set up within 30 mins) and ring and cancel tomorrow ..so you have the months data..can then be re activated in a couple of months

I didn't have you down as 'devious' ;) .. good plan though! :)

clinkham 07-07-2015 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watson306 (Post 105061)

Thanks for everyones comments on here - I know I must have sounded slightly rude before (apologies Clinkham), I have to admit I had ruled out the three sim, but it does look to be the best hassle free option.

Absolutely no offence taken, Watson. No need for apologies. We are all friends on here.......as far as I am aware:confused:

CathB 07-07-2015 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by clinkham (Post 105100)
I didn't have you down as 'devious' ;) .. good plan though! :)

Ha ha the guy in the shop told me that it was the best way 👍👍..I will prob pay for a few months as we are back out Sept/ Oct but will cancel after that 😉😉😉

Watson306 08-07-2015 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by clinkham (Post 105101)
Absolutely no offence taken, Watson. No need for apologies. We are all friends on here.......as far as I am aware:confused:

Absolutely - I learnt something, and have also got a Three sim on its way to me - so fingers crossed.

Can the bus be caught to Lidl from the bus station down near the quay?

lollipop 08-07-2015 21:41

Yes you can get the bus there.

Gommar Goffer 10-07-2015 10:28

Hi CathB - can you pay up front for a few months or is it by Direct Debit?

CathB 10-07-2015 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer (Post 105164)
Hi CathB - can you pay up front for a few months or is it by Direct Debit?

Its by direct debit/ standing order..I was told the money is taken 30th of the month and your new monthly allowance comes in around 11th/12 of the month..you do not carry over any unused gb ..There will be 5 of us using it this time which is why I went for 10gb..still miles cheaper than wifi2go

Nick 10-07-2015 12:56

Ordered mine yesterday from Three mobile online. Huawei e5573 4g. Did me a "deal", £40 for device and £16.02 for 10gb card. Was £15 for a 5gb card so all in all good value for 3p extra. Supposed to arrive today.

As Cath said it's on direct debit but if you only want it for a month you cancel the next day, 30 days notice. They sorted out the data roaming thing there and then as well, which I was told can only be done online?

Sounds v good so we'll see. I'll let you all know how it goes.

CathB 10-07-2015 16:17

[QUOTE=nickpaulanoah;105171]Ordered mine yesterday from Three mobile online. Huawei e5573 4g. Did me a "deal", £40 for device and £16.02 for 10gb card. Was £15 for a 5gb card so all in all good value for 3p extra. Supposed to arrive today.

I have checked with Three..connfirmed data roaming was enabled at time of set up..so all set for tomorrow ( fingers crossed it all works according to plan 😉😉)

clinkham 10-07-2015 16:44

@ nick, cathB, et al. re 3

I shall keep my fingers crossed and a low profile. Hope all works out ok. If it's a disaster, I'll say bye now, and quietly slide away to another forum, never to post here again.:o

Nick 11-07-2015 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by clinkham (Post 105176)

I shall keep my fingers crossed and a low profile. Hope all works out ok. If it's a disaster, I'll say bye now, and quietly slide away to another forum, never to post here again.:o

Haha. If it doesn't work I WILL find you!!!!

CathB 12-07-2015 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by clinkham (Post 105176)

Well......happy to report ITS WORKING ...Because I am not with Three i have had to switch off Mobile Data / Enable 3G on phone and hey presto..we managed to connect 3 or 4 devices to it last night but it is a little slower if all trying to use it the same time but thats fine 👍👍👍

Nick 12-07-2015 09:52

So, just to make it clear, you had to turn off data roaming on your phone, which we always do anyway, so it doesn't interfere with the Three mifi?

Will be interested to see how mine works soon. If it comes as it failed to arrive when promised on Friday!