Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Shopping (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/)
-   -   I Love Nail Express (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/11457-i-love-nail-express.html)

star81 13-07-2014 14:35

I Love Nail Express

Had shellac on my nails before I came out and needed redone.

Popped into this salon and they couldn't have been more helpful. The don't do shellac but do OPI and Essie which are similar products.

Shellac removed and new Essie on for €35. Really good range of colours and girl that does it speaks very good English so was chatty thnoughout and made it a very enjoyable experience.

Wouldn't hesitate to use again.

If your looking for it it's behind the Sis Pins hotel. It's actually called I 'heart symbol' Nails but can't work how to do this on here.

pips 13-07-2014 17:35

That's great to know didn't have time to get mine done and was past here today and thought about giving them a go thanks.

supamac 13-07-2014 20:34

A very helpful post as I popped in there for a price list in June and was met with a very sullen local woman who waved airily in the direction of the information and watched while i struggled to find it; you know the type who delight in being as unhelpful as they can? While I was in there two English speaking customers were in there having treatments and one asked this same unhelpful staff member if the loud music could be turned down a little as they were trying to talk to one another. From the reaction, you'd have thought they'd threatened to leave without paying! The staff member frowned, was clearly put out and said she would turn it down, but not much! Overall I had vowed not to give them my business but just may give them a chance based on your recommendation star81!

usandthewoof 13-07-2014 22:25

I have to say I think you were very unlucky Supamac.....I know Alexandra who owns the salon and she certainly would have been very upset if she knew one of the girls had treated any of her customers like that. Do give it a go, both Alexandra and the lady who helps her are really very nice and helpful...maybe she had a few teething troubles ? Maybe we should book a double treatment session when you´re here ;)

kate1 13-07-2014 23:09

I've used this place in the past to give my daughters a treat on a rainy day - I found the staff to be very pleasant, but I would point out that at least 50% of the polish they had peeled off in one piece within 24 hours (having said that, it was the kind with little patterns on each nail - and I know this doesn't last as long).

pips 17-07-2014 18:37

Just back lovely friendly girls good English and very relaxing, love getting my nails done. 20e for removal of old polish repair of 2 split nails file and polish. Would definitely recommend giving it a go.

star81 18-07-2014 21:36

Glad you enjoyed it pips.

That's a week on from getting mine done and still looks perfect.

supamac 13-04-2015 11:06

Well happy to report I have been twice to this salon with good results now and Alexandra could not be more pleasant and helpful. She is looking for summer help from May to September and would welcome an English speaking girl (or guy I guess). From our conversation she, like most of us, looks for reliability and a good work ethic. If you know of anyone looking for summer work, pay her a visit!

Sparky 13-04-2015 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by supamac (Post 102261)
Well happy to report I have been twice to this salon with good results now and Alexandra could not be more pleasant and helpful. She is looking for dinner help from May yo September and would welcome an Englush speaking girl (or guy I guess). From our conversation she, like most of us, looks for reliability and a good work ethic. If you know of anyone looking for dinner work, pay her a visit!

What's "dinner work" Supamac? :confused:.

supamac 14-04-2015 08:57

Apologies Sparky - that's me trying to post on my iPhone from the dentist's waiting room with predictive text and no specs!! Ha ha!
Summer work is what I meant!!

Sparky 14-04-2015 09:31

Lol!! i guessed it was something like that ;):D.