Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Shopping

Shopping Looking to buy something specific? Want to recommend a favourite shop or market?

Like Tree15Likes
  • 5 Post By Sparky
  • 10 Post By its cd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 14:52

Default Customer Service

Unfortunately this experience is not unusual. The idea of providing good customer services does appear to be alien to the locals -
Two friends of mine, a retired couple in their 60´s, went to Media Mart to buy a new TV. They selected the model they wanted but could not carry it as he is on crutches recovering from a knee operation. After some searching around they found a trolley, loaded the tv and wheeled it to the checkout where they were told they could not take the trolley to their car. They explained that due to the crutches they could not carry it. This was met with the not uncommon shrug (meaning - not my problem). They abandoned the trolley complete with tv and went home.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2014, 16:39
Super Moderator

Never had that problem in any of the shops in PP, in fact they are more helpful than anywhere i used in the UK .
PP76, debz1, animagic21 and 2 others like this.
Old 01-07-2014, 22:00

Tell your friends to go to Confort for electrical stuff - great service and nice people

For me its simple - if people don;t want to give me good customer service then I am no longer going to be their customer

Have to say that I have never ever experienced poor customer service from locals ..... quite the contrary they seem to go out of their way to be helpful whenever we need anything.

Examples
- the chap in the ferrateria lent us his electric drill drill because we were thinking of buying a hand drill as only had a small job to do so didn't think it worth buying a new electric drill.
- restaurant owner who knew we had arrived late and hadn't been to the shops so gave us a pint of milk, bottle of water and some bread to take home with us.
- lady in the soft furnishing shop that let me take about 10 cushions away with me, choose the ones I wanted and then return the others
- lady in the dress shop on the front (now under new ownership and called 39) who let me take 3 different pair of trousers so that i could select the pair I wanted when back at the apartment with the correct shoes and then return the other 2
- confort for finding and ordering the right door insert for our fridge when it got damaged
- confort for delivering 3 freezers to our apartment to see if they would look right in the small space we had available and then contacting us to tell us none were suitable so they would remove them ...... at no charge

pretty sure there are more examples ..... know I have gone on a bit but I do believe in giving credit where it is due

Maybe your friends were just unlucky
pollensa, CathB, LK1960 and 7 others like this.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:30

I'm with Its CD on this one! Have only ever had good customer service in PP (particularly from Confort). That includes the taxi drivers who won't take payment until the return journey - and the lovely man at the wine stall in the market who always gives us a really excellent freebie whenever we buy wine. And the owner of the Siller restaurant who gave us a bottle of wine to take home because it was raining on the last day of our holiday….I definitely think service is better in PP than in the UK! It does sound as if Deanscroft's friends might have encountered a rogue individual - there's always one jobsworth wherever you go in the world!
Old 02-07-2014, 10:53
Super Moderator

I also would point out that Media Mart is not a "local" shop, it's in Palma .