Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Shopping

Shopping Looking to buy something specific? Want to recommend a favourite shop or market?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Belladonna
  • 1 Post By eleanor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-10-2013, 08:58

Default Brico & Bauhaus.

Loved the sound of La Llonga meal, must give it another try in November if its open this year!

Just sidetracking from restaurants for a moment, Re Brico. Is this the new one opposite Festival Park? Thats the one we looked in if so, although I think there may be another one recently opened somewhere else which we may have missed, as we too were updating apartment but still find the old ones better, although they are all starting to look the same now and losing their individuality!!

(This post was a carry on from Wattys October trip - http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...html#post89290 )

Last edited by Belladonna; 16-10-2013 at 09:03.
Sponsored Links
Old 15-10-2013, 09:25

Hi Belladonna
I'm sure that la Llonja is open in November.
The Brico store is in Palma and you pick up the signs for directions quite early on the motorway. You come off at the same junction as IKEA. It's past Ikea but really just next door.
We are staying traditional for our fittings and are very pleased with what was "on offer" the store is part of the Kingfisher group that own B&Q in UK but obviously aimed at the Spanish market.
Regards
Watty
Old 15-10-2013, 10:02

Bella the new store you are thinking of opposite Festival; park is a new electrical super store
Old 15-10-2013, 10:03

Thanks Watty. I had a feeling that was the one we were recommended to look at when we drove back to the airport and saw it! Two things to do now from your advice!

Fil. We did look in at it and it seems ok, but as we were looking for other things rather than electrical goods we found it didnt have much choice! But obviously if it is aimed at electrical then that's to be expected!

Last edited by Belladonna; 15-10-2013 at 10:06. Reason: Reply added to fil.
Old 15-10-2013, 11:58

The store is called Bauhaus and is a German DIY store,selling similar things to both Leroy Merlin and Brico.
Old 15-10-2013, 14:31

Bella just a word of warning - be very careful when leaving this store as we were targeted by some of our Eastern European friends. You may recall I posted elsewhere about this but worth mentioning again as a warning to all.

The store is very close to the motorway and just as we entered the motorway we realised our tyre was flat. By the time we pulled over on to the side a car pulled up behind us and just watched my husband change the tyre. Having had this happen to our cost before I knew exactly what was about to happen so I grabbed our bags and locked in the boot. I then took their photo using my phone. Actually I took photos of the road as I was shaking so much but they didn't know that! They then drove off but were aware we had been targeted so drove to Record pick up and changed our car.

Ok this could happen anywhere but when someone has experience of it happening in the carpark of a particular store then it is worth sharing and giving the warning. These people might just be using that carpark as their base.

This aside we liked the store very much and bought lots of things which we found to be very reasonably priced.
Old 15-10-2013, 20:35

It's still awful to read it again Eleanor but so impressed by your quick thinking. Also know it was you who recommended the store to me, so if you are out in November perhaps we should go together!��
eleanor likes this.
Old 15-10-2013, 20:53

I can think of a few better places to spend our time Bella! A good opportunity to send the men and allow us to do our
reseach elsewhere!
Belladonna likes this.