Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Pollensa Photos (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/pollensa-photos/)
-   -   My 2012 PP photos (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/pollensa-photos/9271-my-2012-pp-photos.html)

SimonButlerPhotography 02-09-2012 19:24

Thanks all, glad you like my snaps.

MairiCladach 02-09-2012 21:31

Thanks - and Corb Mari enquiry!

Gorgeous photos, thank you Simon! Just being nosy, does that mean that you were lucky enough to stay in both the Marina Apartments & Sis Pins on your holiday?! If so, are both worthy of high praise this year?

Where exactly did you take your pedalo-based photos from? Very envious, I spend much of my holiday swimming out to then bobbing about by the markers down from Voramar and always wish that I could capture the beauty and interest of the surrounding sea- and landscapes. More particularly, have you ever snapped the resident cormorants? If so please post these on the forum! I have spent magical moments watching them hanging out on the moored boats. For years I had only spotted the very enigmatic solitary black bird but this summer was delighted to spot what I assume may be a spouse and baby hanging out there too.

Any photos or information on these beautiful birds from our members would be hugely appreciated!
Mairi:)

SimonButlerPhotography 02-09-2012 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by MairiCladach (Post 75659)
Gorgeous photos, thank you Simon! Just being nosy, does that mean that you were lucky enough to stay in both the Marina Apartments & Sis Pins on your holiday?! If so, are both worthy of high praise this year?

Where exactly did you take your pedalo-based photos from? Very envious, I spend much of my holiday swimming out to then bobbing about by the markers down from Voramar and always wish that I could capture the beauty and interest of the surrounding sea- and landscapes. More particularly, have you ever snapped the resident cormorants? If so please post these on the forum! I have spent magical moments watching them hanging out on the moored boats. For years I had only spotted the very enigmatic solitary black bird but this summer was delighted to spot what I assume may be a spouse and baby hanging out there too.

Any photos or information on these beautiful birds from our members would be hugely appreciated!

Yes, I was lucky enough to stay in both the Marina Apartments and Sis Pins this year. I wrote a review of the Marina Apartments on here and you can read it here. But in summary, yes, I can recommend it. I can also definitely recommend the Sis Pins.

My photo from the pedalo is taken from the sea near the Sis Pins.

Afraid I've never taken any photos of cormorants, sorry.

RobnAnna 10-09-2012 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by MairiCladach (Post 75659)

Have been informed by my know it all other half that they are not cormarants but shags, more or less the same but their black heads tell you what they are as as the meditteranean cormorants head is largely white!

MairiCladach 10-09-2012 19:00

Thanks Rob & Donna - and another question...!

Thanks Rob & Donna,

Although I love them my knowledge of birds is very scant!

Am now a bit confused though, as in August the old faithful all-black bird (a shag as I now know!) was hanging out on the boats with two others which I had never seen before. One was black and white and one was almost entirely white. I liked to think that it was mum, dad and their wee one but am probably totally wrong. Any more info appreciated!

redshirt 12-09-2012 09:54

Excellent pictures thanks for letting us see them

Mike

Sandra Edinburgh 23-05-2013 11:55

loved :)your pics, stayed at The Marina for the last 2 years and returning 2013 in June-July.

SimonButlerPhotography 23-05-2013 12:31

Thanks Sandra.

Unfortunately the Marina Apartments were fully booked for the week we wanted this year so we are staying in a private apartment this year.

Enjoy the view on your holiday!

jonnno 20-07-2013 23:54

Fantastic photos - thanks for sharing - they've given us a real taste of what to expect when we travel to PP for the first time next month.

foggygolf 16-09-2013 20:09

Hi Simon, we're loving the pictures of PP and views from the hotel balcony could you be kind enough to share them on our Hotel Sis Pins Facebook page.
Many thanks
Richard