Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Pollensa Photos (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/pollensa-photos/)
-   -   Old photos of Pollensa and Puerto Pollensa on Facebook (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/pollensa-photos/6314-old-photos-pollensa-puerto-pollensa-facebook.html)

Lorenzo 23-07-2010 10:32

Old photos of Pollensa and Puerto Pollensa on Facebook

Hi All

I've just been sent a great link by a friend on Facebook for

FOTOS ANTIGUES DE POLLENÇA

Some great photos of the area on there!
A real trip back in time :)

Belladonna 23-07-2010 11:11

Thanks for the tip! Some great photos there - the cart and donkey on Pine Walk looks so peaceful, and the Hotel Illa Dor so impressive! Wish I knew how to print them all off!:rolleyes:
Not sure if this link will work, but if so it will take you to the main album page.

Welcome to Facebook

eleanor 23-07-2010 11:57

Thanks for the link Bella - it worked brilliantly.
What wonderful photographs! I agree they would be lovely to print off. Thats my project of the day. If I have any luck i will let you know.

sws97sdg 23-07-2010 12:07

Brilliant pictures Lornzo thanks for posting, as for printing out just right click the picture and choose 'save picture as' and then save it to your PC, then print out as usual, I would check that they are not copyrighted first

eleanor 23-07-2010 12:12

Thanks SWS - will give that a try.

As for copyright - I thought anything put on a social networking site such as Facebook became open and therefore the copyright laws didn't stand. Perhaps need to check up on this as I may be wrong - has been known to happen on the rare occasion! lol

eleanor 23-07-2010 12:15

Yes it worked sws - thanks again!

whaleywanderer 24-07-2010 10:48

Absolutely fantastic photos, didn't know there used to be a bull ring in PP, does anybody know where it was?

Sparky 24-07-2010 11:41

Brilliant, i love looking at old b/w photos.:D
Like Whaley i would love to know where the bullring was.

PP76 24-07-2010 11:52

Well done Lorenzo and Belladonna in finding the photos and the link, they are wonderful.:)
I left clicked on my mouse and clicked "Save Picture As.." I then printed onto photograph paper, they turn out very well.

Thanks again

PP76

Belladonna 24-07-2010 12:41

Youre welcome PP! I too managed to do the "click, save and print" thing - thanks to heads up - yet again - from sws! They do come out well. Still trying to work out where the bull ring was though!

pinewalkstroll 24-07-2010 12:54

I just thought I must comment on such a fantastic group of photo's.

Belladonna 25-07-2010 01:32

Good or what!?

Ok! After much inter island communications today, super sleuth bella has been able to report that this photo of the bullring was taken 40 years ago, and was behind what is now the estate agent Sol Imobilaria, near Eroski - by the plane roundabout.

Now, if some super map googler can now sort out a link which shows the area, we can do a "now and then" shot!

I thank you!;)

whaleywanderer 25-07-2010 09:45

Thanks Bella, very interesting, this seems to be a bit of PP history that not many of us know about.:)

joelise80 25-07-2010 20:17

Spent a happy time this afternoon showing these photos to my parents. Then had a look at the people who 'like' them on Facebook and tried to work out who is on here...

eleanor 25-07-2010 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 47456)
Ok! After much inter island communications today, super sleuth bella has been able to report that this photo of the bullring was taken 40 years ago, and was behind what is now the estate agent Sol Imobilaria, near Eroski - by the plane roundabout.

Now, if some super map googler can now sort out a link which shows the area, we can do a "now and then" shot!

I thank you!;)

Wow Bella! That is some going! Well done!
Excellent research skills - how did you do it!
I know - if you tell me that you will have to kill me lol

Excellent work!