Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Pollensa Photos (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/pollensa-photos/)
-   -   Pics, Digi Cameras and horizons (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/pollensa-photos/2386-pics-digi-cameras-horizons.html)

med777 26-11-2005 10:18

Pics, Digi Cameras and horizons

Have been looking at the flickr pics tonite and firstly this is NOT in any way a crit but developing an ongoing observation that I have had with a friend with a similar Digi camera.

Doesnt seem to matter how carefully u shoot the pic, it is running up or downhill !

My friend & I have have same camera..and we have talked about this...and we thought it was just a prob with our cameras (sony cybershot) But I have been checking the info on the pics...and it is happening with different cameras.

Anyone else noticed with thier pics ? any info?

Totally love looking at ALL the pics and the comments and all I can say is some folk must get up awful early ! lol

pollensa 27-11-2005 03:27

A lot of photos shot thru digicams are lopsided because people tend to hold it up & look at the LCD display. If your camera has a normal view finder, hold it up to your eye & take your photo that way.

The LCD display should be used to review your photos afterwards & not to take the photo. Unfortunately not all digicams have a viewfinder. So if anyone is buying one for Xmas do make sure you look for that. Your photos will be much better composed.

Failing that straighten them afterwards with photo editting software!

med777 27-11-2005 03:45

Yes , I know what ur saying Pollenca and I agree. But I have still found pics running downhill...and always the same side, by approx the same amount, and my friends' camera is the same make just previous model, and his is the same. I seldom use the screen unless I really have too ( digi-zoom, but likewise...I use that as little as poss too)

And , yes I have a great photo edit prog that sorts it in a click...but it is annoying when u have taken the time and the trouble...and its still squint ! Maybe I just have to get a new camera...hmmm, Chritsmas is coming ! lol

robjay 27-11-2005 09:52

My latest set of photographs were taken with my trusty old Canon A1 35mm SLR camera and developed and burned onto a CD-ROM. Now the strange thing about the CD-ROM is I'm not impressed with the colour saturation. I have an inexpensive digital camera and unfortunetly the battery door has broken on it. And so reverted back to my trusty old SLR and am now learning to focus with my glasses.
You will find that most lenses cause some distortion at their edges. that is unless you are willing to pay a lotta lotta pennies for a top of the range camera. Try to include slightly more of the scene in your picture and crop out the distortion when you edit your photograph.

Take care.

Rob