Pollensa Photos Information regarding our new photo facility

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2006, 06:05
Pinewalkpaddy

Personal & abusive comments removed.

Webmaster
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2006, 06:34

From the little I know re Flickr photos, I believe there is a PP site and a "personal" site available for postings. Am I right? If so, then it is great to be able to look at photos that have a PP conection, eg cats from Balaixa. and also on the other site to be able to look at peoples lovely fluffy puppys with no connection to PP. Now, is that just determined by the friends and family option and the public option? As you know, I have little interest in football generally (although there are some very fit players around!) and would prefer not to be bombarded on the Pp site with football players. BUT I know many many people are interested in these photos and therefore should be able to see them somewhere.
Surely it is a good idea to have personal photos and PP photos posted in different areas? Just a thought here, dont shoot me!!
Old 04-09-2006, 09:18
jiggy

You're right , Bella. There are different areas, or groups, on flickr. You can just upload your photos, then choose which group you want to send them to, ie Pollensa forum group or some other group you belong to. Or if you like, just leave them on your own personal page, ie no group at all.

I for one love to see other members personal pics, it tells us a lot more about them. I upload all my pics to my page, and then just send he PP ones to our group, leaving the 'fit footballers' :eek :lol on my own personal page, along with the fluffy puppies:lol .

And yes,you can also decide who can view your photos by changing the privacy controls. You can make it visible to family or friends or both. Love your new pics by the way, tell me, are your feet pointed to fit your shoes:b
Old 04-09-2006, 19:11
terryw

Default Re: "Personal" photos on Flickr

Bella
Apologies for the footie pics, but I think that I am using the site correctly. All of the PP pictures are associated with the PP group, and the footie pics with another (unrelated) group.
Under "Photos from your contacts" you will see all photos, whether they are PP related or not.
To limit your views to PP only, select the Pollensa Forum Photos group, or type in a related tag search eg Pollensa.

All: Please correct me if this information is incorrect, I'd hate to be treading on anyones toes, and am very keen to be using this site correctly

ps: I just did a tag search myself, and came across a photo called "Rayo en la bahia de Pollensa", which I assume is something to do with electric storm over pollensa bay, which is really exceptional. Puts my storm effort to shame

Cheers
Terry
Old 04-09-2006, 21:03

Default Re: Re: "Personal" photos on Flickr

Phew! I worried all night that I was going to get grief for that! Its obviously me not putting any photos onto PP site direct, I just tend to put everthing on my page and chose either public for Pp related, or Friends and family for any personal pics.
So, no problems at all then, no ones treading on anyones toes - not even in my pointed shoes Jiggy!
Old 07-09-2006, 03:20
Founder

Default Re: Re: "Personal" photos on Flickr

Hi Belladonna,

you are doing fine but you don't need to make the Pollensa ones public. Instead you need to 'Send to Group'. Click on that icon above your photo & select Pollensa group.

For anyone who would like to see me (& hubby) at our Silver Wedding Anniversary this Sunday, log into flickr and look at Pollensa's photostream...