Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Pollensa Photos

Pollensa Photos Information regarding our new photo facility

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2005, 01:56

Rob

A challenge for you ......... when does a comment against a photo really become a discussion thread ?????

Chrislox and I have been communicating via Flikr re. the photo of the "Miami House" but it occurs to me that the content of our discussion could actually be a discussion thread and be of interest to others on the forum ......... and I guess many many more photos will also spawn discussions ......... now I love to see comments against the photos but I do think the forum itself is a better place to actually have discussions and I certainly don't want to be keeping track of 2 forums as well as the chat room ......... so is there any way that the photos comments can include a link to the forum or vice versa ........ coz we don't want to have to copy over every photo we want to post threads about either

Am I making sense ???? and are you the genious who can figure out how to make this work ???????
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2005, 02:27
robjay

Cd if you are discussing a photograph and it's merits then yes that is the right place. If you are then talking about the place and it's merits then yes maybe the forum is the better place for that. Do I make sense?:rollin :rollin :rollin .
The Photo Forum is there to showcase Puerto Pollensa and areas Your Photostream is there to showcase your personal photograhs. but most of all they are there to provide fun, don't allow it to create work for you.
Take care.
Rob
Old 10-10-2005, 17:51

I May have managed to download some photos - more by luck than judgement at this stage - but I think only "friends" can see them - well its a start!! Please let me know if I have been successful!!:rolleyes think I may have managed a few "public" ones too now!
Old 10-10-2005, 19:53
Founder

Belladonna,

there is no need to make your photos public unless you want to. But you need to send any appropriate ones (suitable to showcase the Pollensa area) to the Group pollensaforum for the group to view them. Look at the other topic at the top of this forum for more info,

webmaster
Old 06-11-2005, 22:24
kenfraser1

Hi
I really like the sound of the Flickr group so I have followed you advice and got a Yahoo name and all that but unfortunatrly could not get the same as my forum name. When I click on the flickr group link on this page I am told it is a private group and dont have access. What am I doing wrong or even not doing.
Many Thanks
Ken Fraser
Old 07-11-2005, 03:14

Hi Ken,

As it is a private group you have to be invited to join so you need to send an EZinbox message to either Pollensa or Rob so they can send you an email inviting you to join.

To send an EZinbox message just click onto their usernames and then click on "Send me a Message!"

Hope this helps!
Jane
Old 07-11-2005, 03:21
kenfraser1

Many Thanks I will try that now.
Cheers
Ken
Old 07-11-2005, 03:27
jiggy

I was just going to say that,
Welcome to the forum Ken & we look foward to see your photos on the site.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:28
kenfraser1

Thanks Jiggy I will, well I was then I got notification you had left a message.
You may have to wait a little while for my photos as I dont get to go until August, when I can get flights sorted, but I will post some. At the moment I am just trying to get a non brochure take on PP
Cheers
Ken
Old 05-12-2005, 10:39

Thanks, Rob, Snowy, PortoFan and TerryW for inviting me onto Flickr. I've *finally* posted eight photographs, taken in September-October 2005. Enjoy, and sorry for the delay.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:46
med777

I think its broke !!!!!!!!!!!

Just read HikerBikers post, so went to look see and I cant find any new pics...(on the pool page its says and has done for a few days now...153 pics) am I doing something wrong??
Old 06-12-2005, 09:33

Med777, I have to list you as a connection, or invite you, before you can view my pics. I'll do that now.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:37

Done.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:58
med777

Thanx HB...but am I getting this rite....u have ur pics rated as private...and they are NOT uploaded to the POOL.
And it is only pics uploaded to the POOL that everyone can see, within the GROUP, without actually being on a contact list...
like I added my pics to the POOL...so everyone could see mine, without me being on their contact list or vice versa...

or am I totally lost ! lol

I thought I understood this...but the more I play around with it..the more confused I get !
Old 07-12-2005, 22:06

Sorry. Didn't know about a pool... I'll have to go back to Flickr and check it out.