Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By cleric
  • 1 Post By Mark
  • 1 Post By mearsy
  • 4 Post By suzystew

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-04-2013, 21:13

Default Staying in Crestatx

We are staying in the Port for the first part of our holiday, but then we are heading out to Crestatx to stay in a villa for the remainder.
We have not stayed this far out before and wonder if there is anything around the area of particular interest or if we are likely to end up heading into Pollensa for everything as well as eating out and using the supermarket etc.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 21-04-2013, 07:35

We have stayed in Crestatx 3 times (including last year), and it is a peaceful and cost effective alternative to villas in Pollensa / Puerto Pollensa.
[*]It is a little far out and you do find yourself travelling to the larger towns, particularly for eating out.
[*]The supermarkets in Sa Pobla are less crowded, friendlier, and a little cheaper than Pollensa / Puerto Pollensa supermarkets.
[*]Meson Crestatx is now open during the day and popular with the locals – but it is more of a snack bar
[*]You can just as easily travel into Alcudia (Town and Port)
[*]Very rural, but most of the locals keep dogs which can be noisy at times
[*]Sa Pobla is Mallorcan/Spanish, not ‘touristy’ – makes a change
[*]The Crestatx church will not detain you too long
[*]If your hire car fuel policy is full/empty, you will get closer to an empty tank. I know the cost per litre is a rip-off, but at least I have the satisfaction that they cannot sell the same fuel to the next punter- and the next, and the next.
Mark, Belladonna, mearsy and 2 others like this.

Last edited by cleric; 21-04-2013 at 07:36. Reason: Format
Old 21-04-2013, 08:47

Thanks Cleric, that's very informative. I'm looking forward to exploring Sa Pobla, so that will be a bonus and if the supermarkets are cheaper etc then that's also a plus.

We should really be relaxing, but can't help wanting to get out and about in the car too, so maybe we'll save our trips to Pollensa town and Alcudia for when we are at the villa and stay around the Port when we are staying there.
My husband has said he will come running with me along the Pine Walk in the mornings whilst there. He doesn't even do mornings at home, let alone on holiday!
Old 21-04-2013, 10:22

Good thread

Many times when browsing the rental sites we have seen a lovely looking villa at a reasonable price and then been put of when we see it is at Crestatx as it looks too far out of the way.

Looking at the maps it also near Campanet which is somewhere else for food etc

Think we will give it a go sometime although its hard when you know all your favourite areas.
mearsy likes this.
Old 21-04-2013, 13:39

I did dither with the villa booking because of where it is and I thought about booking Miramar or Sis Pins instead, but the husband wanted the hot tub because the pool would probably be a bit chilly. I really like firing up the bbq and opening the fridge to find my own food and drink and all those other perks of having your own accomodation, so the villa won in the end.

I am really looking forward to staying in Mar Calma in the Port though.

I will do a trip report and make sure I include some helpful info on staying in the area on our return.
Sparky likes this.
Old 21-04-2013, 16:06

Can I just add that Meson Crestatx is now closed due to the ill health of the owner and unlikely to open in the near future. It did have a full restaurant attached as well as the bar area by the pool,but sadly no longer available.
Old 21-04-2013, 16:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Good thread

Many times when browsing the rental sites we have seen a lovely looking villa at a reasonable price and then been put of when we see it is at Crestatx as it looks too far out of the way.

Looking at the maps it also near Campanet which is somewhere else for food etc

Think we will give it a go sometime although its hard when you know all your favourite areas.
Like you Mark, I have looked at rental villas in Crestatx and have decided No, due to the location. but in thinking, what the H..L, we 've got a car lets just use it!!!!!.
Old 21-04-2013, 17:35

That's very sad news on the ill health of the owner.

What about walks in the area? We've done the ones from the Port, but is there any locally that we wouldn't need the car for?

Also, I will do a bit of research on Sa Pobla but I may need some help in locating a supermarket.
Old 21-04-2013, 18:08

Default Don't be put off staying a little way out at Crestatx.

Crestatx is very close to the train station in Sa Pobla which is very handy. Cheap trips to Palma, no parking is wonderful.
Peaceful atmosphere and excellent value villas. Great rural views and you can feel that you are in Spain. You will have to drive to Pollensa or Sa Pobla for restaurants but really it only takes 15 mins drive to P.Pollensa. Sa Pobla has a Sunday market, and we have had coffee and cake in the square at a fraction of the cost of more popular areas.
The nearest supermarket is on the outskirts of the Sa Pobla (as you enter the town) on the right. Easy to find.
I am sure you will have a wonderful time and there is a bus service if you wish to leave the hire car at the villa.
Good choice enjoy your holiday.
Mark, lollipop, Ronnie and 1 others like this.