Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 23:09

Default Disappointed

I just wanted to say how disappointed i have been over the last few days when new members have come onto the forum and received less than friendly response.

I think the vast majority of us are more than happy to welcome new members and help them to have a much information as possible before they go to PP to ensure they have as good a time as we all do when there.

I think the old phrase 'if you dont have anything nice to say then don't say it at all' would be very appropriate at the moment.

Not wishing to start a big debate on this i would just like it to remain a friendly informative site which is the purpose it was created for.
debz1, Sparky, marilyn and 5 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 09:07

I agree with the last posting, I have been a reader of this site for some years although not much of a contributer myself.I see that there is a small group of people on here who go past being helpful to new visitors and see their opinion on places as being somehow so much more valid because they've been coming here since 1972. Of course the majority are helpful, informative and amusing ,but there is a certain underlying feature whereby if you don't know the names of the entire restaurant staff or what the bar was called six owners ago people can be slightly dismissive to your opinion. This has ,as the previous posting suggests, become more prevalent in the last year.A first time visitor to the resort has the same right to their opinion as anyone else , so be more nice!
its cd, debz1, sws97sdg and 9 others like this.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:33

oops .. pollensafan sorry I just read your other posts ,wasn't meaning you , when I said 1972 , just a random year I choose ,
Sparky and lollipop like this.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:09

I also agree,i've been coming to PP since i was a child but that doesn't make my opinion any different to a first timer.it also seems that the restaurants advertisedare the only ones that good reviews(maybe friends )I also agree if you haven't got anything good to say don't say it....your'e playing with peoples lives here.The restaurants have been hit hard with the A1.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:23

I must be missing something here, as in my opinion this forum is really helpful and kind to new visitors!
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeMimosa View Post
oops .. pollensafan sorry I just read your other posts ,wasn't meaning you , when I said 1972 , just a random year I choose ,
Thanks for that I was just trying to think of a new poster I had upset. Now if you had accused me of upsetting some of the old guard i would have to plead Guilty !!

Last edited by pollensafan; 02-04-2013 at 10:34.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:43

I think everyone should be treated with respect and it doesn't matter how long they have been posting or what questions they ask they should be responded to in a friendly and polite manner.

People take the time to become a member of a forum and to take an interest in the content. Therefore is it really too much to expect a polite and friendly response and to feel valued? I think not.
Old 02-04-2013, 15:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
)I also agree if you haven't got anything good to say don't say it....your'e playing with peoples lives here.The restaurants have been hit hard with the A1.
Sorry I do not agree what that should say if you got something to say, "say it"
Can someone please tell me how many AIs there is in PP?.
Old 02-04-2013, 15:43
Super Moderator

I don't think there are any totally AI's in PP Snowy but there are a few with the "option" .
Old 02-04-2013, 17:02

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeMimosa View Post
I agree with the last posting, I have been a reader of this site for some years although not much of a contributer myself.I see that there is a small group of people on here who go past being helpful to new visitors and see their opinion on places as being somehow so much more valid because they've been coming here since 1972. Of course the majority are helpful, informative and amusing ,but there is a certain underlying feature whereby if you don't know the names of the entire restaurant staff or what the bar was called six owners ago people can be slightly dismissive to your opinion. This has ,as the previous posting suggests, become more prevalent in the last year.A first time visitor to the resort has the same right to their opinion as anyone else , so be more nice!
I agree, but its not just newbies who get it. Beware criticising certain restaurants
or certain people loose the plot!!!
Stevo66 likes this.
Old 02-04-2013, 19:15

I am sorry but can someone tell me what an AI/A1 is?
Many thanks
Old 02-04-2013, 19:44

All Inclusive
Old 02-04-2013, 19:46

AI = All inclusive hotels ( the death of restaurants in many resorts)

A1 = A long road that runs from London to Edinburgh ( A1 was obviously a typo)
A1 road (Great Britain) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nick and Jonsey like this.

Last edited by Mark; 02-04-2013 at 19:48.
Old 02-04-2013, 19:52

Many thanks.

I must admit I don't understand people going on holiday and eating in the same place every day. What is so nice with PP is the number of good restaurants that you can eat in and watch the world go by. Something lacking in AIs
Rosie34, Nick and ragdollabbi like this.
Old 02-04-2013, 20:33

As someone who is still a newbie here I have to say that some recent comments have been awful . I am a regular on some other forums and know how frustrating some repeated questions are. I logged on tonight to ask some questions about the "Ruta" that I can't see answered in the last year but now I am hesitant. I do my research , look on a few forums etc but sometimes you have to ask . However , in spite of this, I have to say all replies to me have been kind and positive, so Muchas gracias
whaleywanderer likes this.