Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Disappointed (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/9925-disappointed.html)

star81 01-04-2013 23:09

Disappointed

I just wanted to say how disappointed i have been over the last few days when new members have come onto the forum and received less than friendly response.

I think the vast majority of us are more than happy to welcome new members and help them to have a much information as possible before they go to PP to ensure they have as good a time as we all do when there.

I think the old phrase 'if you dont have anything nice to say then don't say it at all' would be very appropriate at the moment.

Not wishing to start a big debate on this i would just like it to remain a friendly informative site which is the purpose it was created for.

GrandeMimosa 02-04-2013 09:07

I agree with the last posting, I have been a reader of this site for some years although not much of a contributer myself.I see that there is a small group of people on here who go past being helpful to new visitors and see their opinion on places as being somehow so much more valid because they've been coming here since 1972. Of course the majority are helpful, informative and amusing ,but there is a certain underlying feature whereby if you don't know the names of the entire restaurant staff or what the bar was called six owners ago people can be slightly dismissive to your opinion. This has ,as the previous posting suggests, become more prevalent in the last year.A first time visitor to the resort has the same right to their opinion as anyone else , so be more nice!

GrandeMimosa 02-04-2013 09:33

oops .. pollensafan sorry I just read your other posts ,wasn't meaning you , when I said 1972 , just a random year I choose ,

suzanne 02-04-2013 10:09

I also agree,i've been coming to PP since i was a child but that doesn't make my opinion any different to a first timer.it also seems that the restaurants advertisedare the only ones that good reviews(maybe friends )I also agree if you haven't got anything good to say don't say it....your'e playing with peoples lives here.The restaurants have been hit hard with the A1.

animagic21 02-04-2013 10:23

I must be missing something here, as in my opinion this forum is really helpful and kind to new visitors!

pollensafan 02-04-2013 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandeMimosa (Post 81753)
oops .. pollensafan sorry I just read your other posts ,wasn't meaning you , when I said 1972 , just a random year I choose ,

Thanks for that I was just trying to think of a new poster I had upset. Now if you had accused me of upsetting some of the old guard i would have to plead Guilty !! :)

eleanor 02-04-2013 11:43

I think everyone should be treated with respect and it doesn't matter how long they have been posting or what questions they ask they should be responded to in a friendly and polite manner.

People take the time to become a member of a forum and to take an interest in the content. Therefore is it really too much to expect a polite and friendly response and to feel valued? I think not.

snowy2007 02-04-2013 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzanne (Post 81756)
)I also agree if you haven't got anything good to say don't say it....your'e playing with peoples lives here.The restaurants have been hit hard with the A1.

Sorry I do not agree what that should say if you got something to say, "say it"
Can someone please tell me how many AIs there is in PP?.

Sparky 02-04-2013 15:43

I don't think there are any totally AI's in PP Snowy but there are a few with the "option" :).

gpm 02-04-2013 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandeMimosa (Post 81749)
I agree with the last posting, I have been a reader of this site for some years although not much of a contributer myself.I see that there is a small group of people on here who go past being helpful to new visitors and see their opinion on places as being somehow so much more valid because they've been coming here since 1972. Of course the majority are helpful, informative and amusing ,but there is a certain underlying feature whereby if you don't know the names of the entire restaurant staff or what the bar was called six owners ago people can be slightly dismissive to your opinion. This has ,as the previous posting suggests, become more prevalent in the last year.A first time visitor to the resort has the same right to their opinion as anyone else , so be more nice!

I agree, but its not just newbies who get it. Beware criticising certain restaurants
or certain people loose the plot!!!

Rigourman 02-04-2013 19:15

I am sorry but can someone tell me what an AI/A1 is?
Many thanks

ragdollabbi 02-04-2013 19:44

All Inclusive:)

Mark 02-04-2013 19:46

AI = All inclusive hotels ( the death of restaurants in many resorts)

A1 = A long road that runs from London to Edinburgh ;) ( A1 was obviously a typo)
A1 road (Great Britain) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rigourman 02-04-2013 19:52

Many thanks.

I must admit I don't understand people going on holiday and eating in the same place every day. What is so nice with PP is the number of good restaurants that you can eat in and watch the world go by. Something lacking in AIs

LaAlly 02-04-2013 20:33

As someone who is still a newbie here I have to say that some recent comments have been awful . I am a regular on some other forums and know how frustrating some repeated questions are. I logged on tonight to ask some questions about the "Ruta" that I can't see answered in the last year but now I am hesitant. I do my research , look on a few forums etc but sometimes you have to ask . However , in spite of this, I have to say all replies to me have been kind and positive, so Muchas gracias