Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree22Likes
  • 2 Post By rioja
  • 2 Post By El Gordo
  • 4 Post By pollensafan
  • 6 Post By pollensafan
  • 2 Post By pollensafan
  • 6 Post By pollensafan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 17:35

Default sandcastles and looky looky men

Looks like the sandcastle builders and looky looky men have got themselves in business before most of the hotels in PP have opened just waiting for the Chinese waiters to start the massage on the beach
Lorenzo and Tone like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2013, 17:58

We too noticed the sand castles but haven't yet come across the looky, looky men at work although, several have been identified walking around the town during the day.
Old 13-03-2013, 00:54

Surprised to hear that the "Sand Castle" builders are out. It is not long since one was heavily fined by the Costa's Authority!!

I hope they now have permission as they certainly add interest to the seafront.
Sparky and lollipop like this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 13-03-2013, 08:49

Re Chinese massage. The will is quite obviously not there to do anything about it. How hard can it be. On any given day all you need is to have a couple of cops on the beach dressed as holiday makers. They are approached by the folk concerned and hey presto, your nicked. They wouldn't even have to spend much time on it, because the same group are on you every few minutes. The important part is you will then have planted a seed of doubt in their minds as they can never be certain who they are approaching in the future.

Last edited by pollensafan; 13-03-2013 at 08:55.
Old 13-03-2013, 11:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Surprised to hear that the "Sand Castle" builders are out. It is not long since one was heavily fined by the Costa's Authority!!

I hope they now have permission as they certainly add interest to the seafront.
True, I'd be interested to know if they ever paid the fine. But if they haven't paid for a license then one of them shouldn't be taking up virtually all of one beach where families with small children used to play pre sandcastle building on a grand scale
Old 13-03-2013, 11:52

The sandcastle man was there on 23rd February when went for our first walk of the holiday.

He must be hardy as it was a cold and wet week.

We walked past most days when going for hot chocolate at Cafe 1919 and he was there building sandcastles in the cold
Old 13-03-2013, 18:54

Never ever seen Chinese waiters offering massages on the beach, do you mean the little Japanese guy? He's been there for years and is part of the furniture.
Old 14-03-2013, 08:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
Never ever seen Chinese waiters offering massages on the beach, do you mean the little Japanese guy? He's been there for years and is part of the furniture.

No, There's a group of them that work the beach all day. They come up to you every few minutes asking if you want a massage. As I pointed out to them last year in my own special way they must be devoid of basic intelligence. " If I didn't want one a couple of minutes ago when you asked why, would I want one now ".
(and iv'e cleaned that up ). Mind you it worked. For the rest of the time I was there they gave me a very wide birth.

For anyone that thinks they might fancy one, a word of caution. I watched last year as they worked on a few people. After they finished each one they just wiped their hands on a cloth hanging on their bag and moved on to the next one. Not something that ranks high in the hygene world I would think.
debz1, Belladonna, Nick and 3 others like this.

Last edited by pollensafan; 14-03-2013 at 08:43.
Old 14-03-2013, 11:09

OMG pollensafan the cloth!!! The same cloth to wipe their hands that they wipe the sand off people with before they start the massage

Every flipping 5 minutes 'mas..saaa..gee' 'mas..saaa..gee'

I'm going to try your less polite method of 'go away' pollensafan as my completely ignoring them didn't work at all
Old 14-03-2013, 12:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
OMG pollensafan the cloth!!! The same cloth to wipe their hands that they wipe the sand off people with before they start the massage

Every flipping 5 minutes 'mas..saaa..gee' 'mas..saaa..gee'

I'm going to try your less polite method of 'go away' pollensafan as my completely ignoring them didn't work at all

debz, I had to laugh as I read your post, I could actualy hear them saying it.

I tried ignoring them for some time but as you say it does not work. The final straw was when she asked me,then walked along one line of sunbeds, turned around and asked me again. A total of about 30 seconds.
They had no trouble remembering me for the next ten day's but you'd have to see me to understand that comment
It was quite funny to watch them after that. Every day I would see them coming towards me, then as soon as they spotted me they would take a wide arc around me. Bliss

Last edited by pollensafan; 14-03-2013 at 12:22.
Old 14-03-2013, 12:27

Pollensafan If you like you can pm me to let me know the exact words you said to them
Old 14-03-2013, 16:30

Hi Debz, Too much of a gentleman to use the exact wording but, In a nutshell I asked them if they worked for somebody and that if they did they would do well to check out the company sick/health scheme. I then assured them that if they bothered me any more they would be in serious need of it. Their understanding of english is obviously better than some folk think because as I said they left me well alone for the rest of my holiday.

If that had not worked I would have had to try plan (B) which I always keep as a last resort.......... Set the wife on em (Well she frightens me )
debz1 and ragdollabbi like this.
Old 14-03-2013, 17:46

Whilst on this subject i feel I must apologies to a couple of posters from last year. When they said that it got so bad that they felt they had to leave the beach I remember thinking " Rubbish it can't have been that bad ". Well since then I have changed my opinion.

You know how it is. Picture the scene. You have just had what has been a glorious lunch. Jamon,Grilled prawns, A mixed salad and Alioli. (my weakness), all washed down with several glasses of chilled Rosado. You lay down on the beach, it's around 2.30pm. The sea is gentley lapping the shore. That glorious warmth creeps over you from the afternoon sun. Then you reach that point that I call " The twilight zone" Halfway between conciousness and sleep. Then just as you feel yourself going this shadow creeps over your face and a loud voice shouts the dreaded " M " word. Ahhhh,. It's enough to give you a heart attack. No please, don't laugh. Oh go on then
debz1, Mark, Belladonna and 3 others like this.
Old 14-03-2013, 18:42

Might well take a sign to hang on the Parasol saying No massages as thoroughly agree about the number of times they ask you and when I am
having my siesta it is so agravating to be disturbed constantly

Do they have permits is it worth mentioning the police to keep them away ?
Old 15-03-2013, 10:13

The amazing thing is just how many people actually have the massages. Good money if you can get it, no outgoings as they just use the old cooking oil from the restaurants, no tax and 30uros an hour