Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Dogs. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/9761-dogs.html)

ray 11-02-2013 20:29

Dogs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 79377)
A little bit of a shame to see the old boat go though, it did give a bit of character and history under the trees. But the work is certainly modernising the Llenaire area even more, and bringing people up to that part of PP. Love it! :)

Yes, great, but the council want to make that area a dog beach,presumably with owners.:)

Belladonna 11-02-2013 21:35

Oh crikey! Hope they havent put the trees up especially for the dogs!! :eek:

ray 12-02-2013 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 79563)
Oh crikey! Hope they havent put the trees up especially for the dogs!! :eek:

well it is mallorca, and a lot of the locals sit under the old trees! bad enough the mess they make in the streets( the dogs i think) without using the beach as a toilet!

Belladonna 12-02-2013 18:27

It's an ongoing "discussion" Ray! Lets hope everyone gets to use the shade of the trees without the danger of dog poo around them! :rolleyes:

Nick 13-02-2013 00:23

Been out twice to PP this year and the dog mess situation is worse than ever.........God forbid it's now going to be all over the beaches as well.

What's the matter with people ??

sws97sdg 13-02-2013 10:03

Of cause its only in the summer that dogs are not allowed on the beach, at other times the dogs are allowed free access to all the beaches, just like in the UK.

eleanor 13-02-2013 10:52

Not all beaches allow dogs during the winter in the UK. My beach is just at the bottom of the road and dogs are not allowed at anytime, which although a dog owner I totally agree with. Some beaches I know have designated areas but it is hard to police. The best approach is no dogs on the beach at anytime anywhere in my opinion.
The problem is that the germs and virus live on and can cause many problems including Toxicariasis. This is especially a danger to children.
I hope very much that this will be considered before the final decision is made - or has it been made already?

Sparky 13-02-2013 10:53

I have moved the above posts from here :- http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...-llenaire.html into this new thread.

For those who might be wondering what this is about, the council are considering having 2 areas of beach (one being in the Llenaire end) where dogs will be allowed with their owners, this is supposed to be aimed at tourists who want to bring their dogs on holiday with them :rolleyes:. I understand that these areas will be clearly signed and would hope they will be fenced off, with bins for the dogs droppings :eek:.

P.S. The story was posted here http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...s-news-21.html in post number 314.

pescador2009 13-02-2013 14:24

Three points.
1.) In 'sunny' England the beaches are regularly cleaned twice a day by the tides.
There is perceptably very little, almost no tide at all in the Med.
2.) It will be very hot for dogs on the beach if they are allowed in peak season.
You would think any loving dog owner would have more sense than taking them
down to the beach. (On the other hand local dogs may be more tolerant of the sun)!
3.) Certain areas of our local beach are available for dogs to run around on 'out of
season' (as you might say!). The rest of the year 'to be kept on lead'.

A good owner will do what is right for the animal, as well as himself.

lollipop 13-02-2013 16:01

I don't think any decision has been made on this yet.

Tonsyl 13-02-2013 17:12

Whilst reading these posts about dogs and their bad habits, or rather the bad habits of their owners, it crossed my mind that there does not seem to be a problem in the old town re "droppings", or if there is, I've not noticed it whereas in the Port I have !

Sparky 13-02-2013 17:52

Yes Tonsyl this subject comes up every year but as you say it's bad owners, not bad dogs. I don't think the problem will ever go away completely, the council provide bags on some streets, if people are caught not clearing up after their dogs they are fined, i don't know what else can be done :(.

pollensafan 14-02-2013 16:38

As the saying goes, There's only 2 things certain in life. Death and taxes. However, where the pp site is concerned we should add a third :) " Dogs". Just to put one further point. If you walk from tolo's along the front to llenaire as I have done many times. Just try and spot a sign that tells you " no dogs allowed on beach " and if you do you would need a magnifying glass to see it. Whenever I'm out there I always see someone with their dog on the beach several times within a given week. (and I don't mean out of season ) How hard would it be to put a sign at all the entrances onto the beach ?:confused:

Tonsyl 15-02-2013 09:24

If my memory serves me correctly, the only signs about dogs and when they can and cannot go on the beach is a small picture on the bottom right hand side of the SOS / 112 boards that stand at the entrances to the beach. They may not be there now but when we took our hound on holiday a year or two back I found them then..................after much searching !

lollipop 15-02-2013 16:12

Some of the problems are dogs roaming without an owner in sightand as yet I don't know of a dog that can read.