Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By pollensa
  • 1 Post By Belladonna
  • 1 Post By Tonsyl
  • 2 Post By Belladonna

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-10-2012, 10:18
Super Moderator

Default Long Way Down being filmed in Mallorca.

If last year were Halle Berry and Tom Hanks who landed on the island from Hollywood to shoot the independent film Cloud Atlas , this year will be Pierce Brosnan, known for his role as James Bond 007, the traveling to Mallorca to shoot several sequences British production of A Long Way Down , directed by French filmmaker Pascal Chaumeill. The actor Sam Neill, popular for films like Jurassic Park , is one of the performers in this film which also work Toni Collette ( The Sixth Sense ) and Aaron Paul, who recently won the Emmy for the TV series Breaking Bad .
They will be filming in the Isle of several scenes from A long way down , with a budget of 15 million euros and whose premiere is scheduled for the coming 2013 -, which starts tomorrow at the airport of Son Sant Joan. There, the team 'record for two days "then" will travel for eight days at a hotel in a coastal area where filmed sequences of interior and exterior, for example, in the hotel or on the beach ", advanced Germán this newspaper yesterday Traver, Palm Pictures, audiovisual company that assists in Mallorca to the production of this film. "Palma Pictures has very good relationship with the British market by our daily activity and the film's producers were looking for locations to shoot these scenes. Here they found what they were looking for. We are fortunate to have a big production, with a casting class, "Traver said. So Palma Pictures team working on this tape "since last June."

Full story here :-

Pierce Brosnan rueda en Mallorca la cinta británica 'A long way down' » Cultura » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca
pollensa likes this.
Old 18-10-2012, 13:30
Founder

Have suddenly realised that this is based on the book A 'Long Way Down' by Nick Hornby - it was waiting for me to read in our PP apt for a while. Then one of my son's friends 'borrowed it' & it finally came home to me in the UK. I keep meaning to read it but am addicted to my Kindle now... Anyway, it's meant to be a very good book but I think about suicide ... available from Amazon of course

"Can I explain why I wanted to jump off the top of a tower block?'

For disgraced TV presenter Martin Sharp the answer's pretty simple: he has, in his own words, 'pissed his life away'. And on New Year's Eve, he's going to end it all ... But not, as it happens, alone. Because first single-mum Maureen, then eighteen-year-old Jess and lastly American rock-god JJ turn up and crash Martin's private party. They've stolen his idea - but brought their own reasons.

Yet it's hard to jump when you've got an audience queuing impatiently behind you. A few heated words and some slices of cold pizza later and these four strangers are suddenly allies. But is their unlikely friendship a good enough reason to carry on living?"
sws97sdg likes this.

Last edited by pollensa; 18-10-2012 at 13:32.
Old 18-10-2012, 13:39

Sounds good, I have read a few of Nick Hornbys books so should be worth a view!

On island time!!
Old 18-10-2012, 19:07

So presumably this wasnt the filming that was going on outside Lidl opposite Eroskis last week - we had just been in Eroskis and were driving away when we saw the cameras etc and it seemed like a bridal scene as if the bride was dashing into Lidl????
Old 19-10-2012, 09:20

Looks like Camp de Mar have got the beach rights for the film this time round! Shame, would have loved to have seen Pierce in his speedos!
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 19-10-2012, 09:37
Super Moderator

Yes this is in the UH today :-

Camp de Mar is prepared to receive, as of today, the team of A Long Way Down , a film starring British actor Pierce Brosnan. Directed by Frenchman Pascal Chaumeill has among other scenarios that beach in the municipality of Andratx and Ciutat airport, which begins filming today between large "security measures", according German said Traver, local production of Palm Pictures. It seems that working hours will be marathon.
The surroundings of Camp de Mar boiled activity yesterday. On one hand, the local police came to traffic court in the pedestrian area, the closure of the public car parks, and also to the transfer of the taxi. Some posters announced restricted access to these places until February 27, when it is scheduled to finish shooting scenes that happen in Mallorca. Following the Son Sant Joan, the team will move to Camp de Mar on Monday and Tuesday, where scenarios have been chosen as the snack Illeta and Hotel La Playa.

You can read the full story here :- Camp de Mar, playa de cine » Cultura » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca
Old 19-10-2012, 09:46

Come on now Bella, at your age are you sure it would do you any good? Just think of the strain on you heart.
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 19-10-2012, 11:58

HA! New film due to be shot in PP = Dead Man Walking!! Main part now filled!
sws97sdg and Tonsyl like this.
Old 20-10-2012, 09:43
Super Moderator

An article and some pics courtesy of the UH here ¡Bienvenido, míster Brosnan! » Cultura » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca.

Welcome Mr. Brosnan, Pierce Brosnan. The presence of the former agent 007 in the Island for the filming of A Long Way Down guessed fifty curious and would approach tourists wait outside a hotel in Camp de Mar, where the producer of the film has installed one of its bases on the fourth floor. First thing in the morning, the actor went to the set mounted in the area to which maquillaran and then came out with a black eye. Given the number of onlookers hoping to see the Hollywood star, the former agent 007 was evacuated by the rear of the hotel disillusioned the public who had waited at least for a couple of hours camera in hand.
But even there had offseason faithful tourists waiting to immortalize a stellar memory Majorcan holiday. Finally, before leaving the parking lot, the actor down the window of the black BMW in which he was traveling to Palma and greeted fans. Even got a lady fondling one of his glamorous hands.

Around 12.00 arrived at the airport with one of those smiles that captivated seductive Halle Berry in Die Another Day. In the coach park, another base of operations of the shooting, he waited a few followers who shouted "Mr. Brosnan! ", To which he replied happily raising thumb. In another fourth floor, in this case in the parking lot of Son Sant Joan, in addition to the boarding area, recorded some of the scenes from the film directed by Pascal Chaumeil. The tape costars Toni Collette (Little Miss Sunshine) and Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad), who also sported a black eye, appeared in the wake of the Irish interpreter. It appears that both gentlemen measured their fists in the set, but not with much violence.
Old 23-10-2012, 09:33
Super Moderator

More from the UH today.

The good weather and clear waters of Camp de Mar, Andratx, yesterday were not favorite attraction of tourists and onlookers. Throughout the day, the focus fell on the filming of the British film A Long Way Down , starring Pierce Brosnan, Aaron Paul, Toni Collette and Imogen Potts, and that started yesterday to settle in the area in the coming days. An intense day of work for the team of this film directed by Pascal Chamueil, although the cast seemed you having fun with laughter and bathrooms on the beach included.
The shooting day started early in the interiors of the Hotel Playa, in the dining room or in rooms where, as has been told this newspaper, was shot a torrid sex scene. Out on the beach of Camp de Mar, were filmed some sequences in which the characters who embody Brosnan, Paul and water Poots launched a surprised Toni Collette. Everything happened under the gaze of tourists, some taking pictures with underwater cameras. A revolution.

Full story and pictures here :- Camp de Mar: ¡Sol, playa, cámaras y acción! » Cultura » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca.
Old 23-10-2012, 10:45

Default Pierce Brosnan Shiner

There is a photograph of Pierce Brosnan in Mallorca in the Daily Telegraph to day. He is displaying a lovely black eye.

I was going to post this in the recent 'Safety' thread, then spotted this one about the filming.