Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Easter holidays (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/9231-easter-holidays.html)

stuart.patterson 21-08-2012 18:04

Easter holidays

Have visited Puerto Pollensa several times previously. Most recently last Easter, when we became aware that a Half marathon was taking place !!
As we are both keen joggers, we would have liked to have taken part.

Is this an annual fixture, and has a date for 2013 been set ? Keen to know as I can arrange next years holiday to fit in ??

Thanks

Stuart

Sparky 21-08-2012 18:41

Hi Stuart the half marathon has been held for the last 6 years but i am afraid i don't know if or when it will happen next year :).

endhouse 21-08-2012 19:48

Hi Stuart - event takes place on 21st Oct this year and there are a variety of distances to go at - 10k, half and full marathons. Cheers

Sparky 21-08-2012 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by endhouse (Post 75175)
Hi Stuart - event takes place on 21st Oct this year and there are a variety of distances to go at - 10k, half and full marathons. Cheers

Hi Endhouse i think this is being held in Palma i found this info online :- Races Calendar | Balearic Islands | October.

The PP half marathon is usually held in Spring ;).

endhouse 21-08-2012 20:28

Sorry thought Stuart was after the Palma one. My mistake.

its cd 21-08-2012 21:43

I think last years half marathon was the Sunday before good Friday

I do know it was unseasonably warm and the runners were hot as can be

We spent a good few hours cheering them all on as they ran through the narrow streets of Pollensa

Daughter considering running in it next year so we too are looking out for the dates ...... I have a few contacts that ran last year so will arrange for them to email me once dates are published and let you know via this post

Sparky 21-08-2012 22:23

Great, thanks CD ;):D.

stuart.patterson 22-08-2012 07:55

Thanks to all for this info. especially to CD. Will keep my eyes peeled

Stuart

stuart.patterson 22-08-2012 22:50

Thanks to all who responded to my enqiry about jogging ! - And hopefully see you at Easter

On a more serious note - My employer still owns a percentage of my soul, but in 3 years approx I will be free !!!

Is life in Mallorca and more specifically PP as good as a resident as it seems to an addicted holidaymaker? What are the upsides and what are the downs??

I want to be where you are - but am I missing something?

Stuart

lollipop 23-08-2012 13:30

far more upsides than downs. Into our 5th year with no regrets whatsoever. I would suggest you visit at different times of the year to get the feel of the place all year round and sample some of the non holiday events that take place.

Sparky 23-08-2012 13:43

Yes i agree with Lollipop, we are in our 4th year and our only regret is that we couldn't do it sooner ;). Obviously the Port is very different in winter but we still love it :D.