Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree40Likes
  • 7 Post By fil6699
  • 6 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By eleanor
  • 1 Post By cumberland8
  • 8 Post By eleanor
  • 8 Post By Sparky
  • 2 Post By Nick
  • 1 Post By christwodogs
  • 6 Post By pollensafan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-08-2012, 21:07

Default Dog Muck!

A nice place but dont walk on the pavements in the dark, theres loads of it. Its a shame really
Sponsored Links
Old 20-08-2012, 10:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by christwodogs View Post
A nice place but dont walk on the pavements in the dark, theres loads of it. Its a shame really
Sorry but that is a harsh exaggeration. Not sure were you have been walking I walk all over the Port most days and have to say I haven't seen any for months now which is testimony to the action taken a while ago by the council and the continued educating of dog owners. Which has resulted in almost zero dog mess certainly less than most places in England. All our friends and family who have been out this summer have all commented on the improvement in this particular situation and up to now we have had almost 30 people out cant all be wrong
Old 20-08-2012, 10:34
Super Moderator

Agree with fil6699 there is a massive improvement in the Port, people are getting the message and green bags are now provided in some streets.
Old 20-08-2012, 13:31

Pretty sure I saw bins around too when over a couple of weeks ago. I think the message has got home to many dog owners that it is anti-social.

Where ever were you walking Christwodogs? As the pavements are mostly lit too!
MairiCladach likes this.
Old 20-08-2012, 18:58

Have to agree with Christwodogs. We were rather disgusted with the amount of dog mess we saw every day. We were staying in the Siller area and stopped walking down the Carrer Ramon Vellenilla Lecuna as we were fed up with the sight and smell of it. There were often dog walkers in this area so maybe it is worse here than around the Square and on the Pine Walk.
Old 20-08-2012, 20:26
Banned

Indeed, it's still a big problem. Definite improvement this summer but there's still plenty of it about.

The main problem is owner's just letting their dogs roam the streets to mess at will.

I've even seen dogs leave their deposit while be walked by the owner and the owner just to carry on walking.

You'll never educate everyone.
Old 20-08-2012, 21:10

Unfortunately the green section on the edge of the back formentor road before you cross over to Siller has become the area for owners dogs to release turds whilst the owners admire the seagulls.
Still its better than under the table whilst consuming a smoothie in Bella Vistas garden.
lollipop likes this.
Old 20-08-2012, 21:14

I think we have been here a few times before with this subject!

Perhaps if you see an owner ignore than you should ask them to clear up!
I don't suppose many dogs read this forum and if irresponsible owners are reading then they know who they are and really don't seem to care anyway.

There are so many positive things about the Port, it would be nice to spread those words and lets change the subject! We have said that the situation has improved so perhaps this should be celebrated!
LK1960, Sparky, Lorenzo and 5 others like this.
Old 20-08-2012, 21:21
Super Moderator

Yes i agree Eleanor, this subject is one of a few that come up every year. The problem is getting better and i think enough time has been spent on this now so please lets move on to something more interesting, thank you .
LK1960, lollipop, clinkham and 5 others like this.

Last edited by Sparky; 20-08-2012 at 21:35.
Old 21-08-2012, 07:30
Banned

Aah, the freedom of speech............................................ .......on a forum.......................
Belladonna and roig cat like this.
Old 25-08-2012, 08:41

First time Ive been to the island and this resort, so just thought id air my view about it.

We stayed in Carrer de Mistrel area, approx 50 feet away from the main church square and restaurants. So any of the streets around there either towards the beach and back streets is full of it. Just a point to note and wont be mentioned again, thanks.
El Gordo likes this.
Old 26-08-2012, 17:25

Hmmmm, the old dog muck rears it's head yet again.,, Now folks I can only comment on the areas that i frequent on a regular basis, Pine walk right down as far as Llenaire and the square ect - and spending app 6 weeks there a year spread over 3 visits you get to know every crack in the pavements . I would have to say over the last 2-3 years the improvement in that area has been superb so given a bit more time hopefully this may spread to the rest of the resort. I think with a little play on words if you will ,,,,, There are only 3 things certain in life, Death, Taxes, And the annual dog muck debate lol
debz1, Sparky, Lorenzo and 3 others like this.
Old 26-08-2012, 20:11

this may spread to the rest of the resort. I think with a little play on words if you will ,,,,, There are only 3 things certain in life, Death, Taxes, And the annual dog muck debate lol[/QUOTE]

I think you were unaware that you stated another little play on words earlier in your posting.Just look at the first nine words that I have quoted from your piece.
Old 26-08-2012, 21:14

If its raised its head again on this forum then it must still be a problem. Sorry for my observations and raising the point.

I would add that these 'little waste droppers' seem to be aiming the deposits under the manicured palmtrees
Old 26-08-2012, 21:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
this may spread to the rest of the resort.
On the soles of tourists flip flops