Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-07-2012, 03:38

Default Looky guys

Police raid got some they all met after many frantic phone calls made
Sponsored Links
Old 17-07-2012, 08:48

Yeah when the Police came across the square on their new mopeds. It was like the start of the 100 metres olympic final. runnning straight past Oharas Boulavard and Nostalgia. Must have been a false start I never heard the gun go off though.....LOL
Lorenzo and Jimbo the Jambo like this.
Old 17-07-2012, 16:31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pips View Post
Police raid got some they all met after many frantic phone calls made
Sorry, what is this all about or have I missed something here ?!
Old 17-07-2012, 17:12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
Sorry, what is this all about or have I missed something here ?!
OK Nick, this is what my undercover investigation has discovered so far......a special operation by the GC and local plod was set up, mission....to take the illegal street sellers off the map......as soon as the UNLUCKY looky looky men realised what was happening they scarpered.....the long arm of the law caught a few but the rest went underground only to appear later on the Pinewalk armed with the latest mobile phones, no doubt warning their mates across the island .
Outcome....at 14.00hrs today i saw one brave watch seller cruising the strip and at 14.30hrs another one trying to peddle his CDs and sunglasses along C/Joan XX111 .
Old 17-07-2012, 17:31

Default looky looky men

I would love to have seen that. when we were over in June our friends Grandchildren 5 in all spent one whole evening looking over our balcony watching the lookies at work. They sussed out who the lookout was and screamed with laughter every time the "lookies" bundled up and did a runner. Talk about a cheap nights entertainment for 5 kids.......... all for free. I have no problem with them to be honest, if you say no they pass by unlike the accordianist and his assistant who rattles her tamborine under your nose, they do annoy me. Perhaps its because he has not learnt any new tunes over the last few years or maybe Im' just old and grumpy! Wish we were back there now, even with "Sanchez the Squeezebox" but cant be greedy ,we had a fabulous month so must be grateful.
Sparky and Lorenzo like this.
Old 17-07-2012, 17:32
Banned

Thanks Sparky.

EXCELLENT news. Time PP got rid of all these people selling their cheap, imitation tat and offering dodgy services on the beach.

I'm fed up with being approached by this lot every time I venture out. Long overdue IMO.

P.S. - just seen the above post now. My missus commented on the "squeezebox's" other half and how miserable she always was. No wonder no-one ever put any money in ! Whatever venue you happened to be in they seemed to turn up within 2 minutes, play one item, go round with the begging bowl then disappear........very amusing.
cumberland8 likes this.

Last edited by Nick; 17-07-2012 at 17:35.
Old 17-07-2012, 18:08

It's the guys on the beach constantly asking if you want a massage. We must have been approached about 10 times today
Old 17-07-2012, 19:46
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney13 View Post
It's the guys on the beach constantly asking if you want a massage. We must have been approached about 10 times today
Maybe people should start taking photos of these people and telling them you are going to report them to the police .
Old 17-07-2012, 20:00
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney13 View Post
So much for the police operation last week then. Obviously achieved nothing if they're back.

When you're on holiday you just want to relax and enjoy yourself without some mug trying to sell you some dodgy item or service all the time. I find it so off-putting and so will many visitors to PP who then may decide to go elsewhere for their hols.

So much has been done to smarten up the area over the last couple of years, just need to get rid of this lot now to complete the mission !!!
debz1, LK1960 and Sparky like this.
Old 17-07-2012, 21:23

As most people say they're pretty harmless, and they're all pleasant blokes, but we need to get rid of them, i've never been tempted to buy their junk (and that's exactly what it is) and for every item they sell it only sucks money away from the legitimate businesses, most of their stock bought by drug money being re-cycled. They also don't do the Weds market any favours with the tat they sell. Give them nothing.
debz1, Sparky, Nick and 1 others like this.
Old 17-07-2012, 21:40

Agree with all mentioned before, it's probably the only irritation I had all but forgotten about from our previous visits to PP. The tat sellers need to do one. However I do like a cooling slice of water melon on the beach........hope they're still allowed
debz1 and Nick like this.
Old 17-07-2012, 22:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by URI View Post
Agree with all mentioned before, it's probably the only irritation I had all but forgotten about from our previous visits to PP. The tat sellers need to do one. However I do like a cooling slice of water melon on the beach........hope they're still allowed
There is only one Melones Melones Melones man...and he must stay!
its cd, LK1960, Tone and 3 others like this.
Old 17-07-2012, 23:03

I don't think it would put people off coming to PP as they are everywhere. My daughter was fighting them off at the Eiffel Tower a couple of years ago so it isn't just beach resorts.

We went to Tenerife a couple of years ago and things were a little more unsavoury there. The men pretended to be deaf and mute and would come to your table whilst eating and start putting junky items on it trying to get you to buy them. They were much more intrusive whereas in PP they don't bother you once you say No.

Btw I agree about the girl with the tambourine - it is really too much of an effort isn't it! I wouldn't give her one cent!
Old 17-07-2012, 23:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofan View Post

Btw I agree about the girl with the tambourine - it is really too much of an effort isn't it! I wouldn't give her one cent!
Must be two accordionists with a girl friend in tow on the Pine Walk then. The pair we passed on numerous occasions were not pushy at all. Rather the contrary. It could have been a bit of romance, sat under the pine trees looking into each other’s eyes with a backdrop of the moon shining on a near flat sea and gentle lapping of waves on the beach. If he keeps practising, he may well be able to play his only tune properly.
Just the spot to get rid of all those bits of loose change before you go home
lollipop and Rosie34 like this.
Old 18-07-2012, 09:13

Was definately fed up with the massage people

What is the law regarding these people Might make up a sign for next year to tell them to leave us in peace ! After a bottle of wine at lunchtime we want a nice siesta not pesterring !!
sws97sdg likes this.