Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By clinkham
  • 1 Post By lollipop
  • 2 Post By andrew711
  • 1 Post By Sparky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 22:00

Default Massage

Had a really lovely hols in PPollenca as normal last two weeks of June but only fly in the ointment was the massage ladies and one gentleman on the beach. On one day I was approached 15 times! Whilst I appreciate one only has to say no by the end of the holiday I couldnt stand the sight of them. We went to alternative beaches in order to avoid them.
If it is illegal for them and obviously it is as every time they saw a police car they lay down on the beach why is nothing done about them.
I am afraid to say that the other beaches we visited were not blighted by them. I cant be the only one who left the beach and bars and shops of P Pollenca just to avoid them. That is a loss of business for the town.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2012, 22:13

Default Japanese manipulation

Not quite on the same subject, but near. Any news of the Japanese ju-jitsu guy who has,over a number of years, set up his stool on the beach at the start of he Pine Walk proper, offering neck and shoulder manipulation?
No sign of him this year - maybe he is on his holidays?
He always seemed to be both a lonely and a dignified person, with a penchant for reading quite thick and closely printed paperbacks.
MairiCladach likes this.
Old 03-07-2012, 22:55
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshbeck@gotadsl.co.uk View Post
Had a really lovely hols in PPollenca as normal last two weeks of June but only fly in the ointment was the massage ladies and one gentleman on the beach. On one day I was approached 15 times! Whilst I appreciate one only has to say no by the end of the holiday I couldnt stand the sight of them. We went to alternative beaches in order to avoid them.
If it is illegal for them and obviously it is as every time they saw a police car they lay down on the beach why is nothing done about them.
I am afraid to say that the other beaches we visited were not blighted by them. I cant be the only one who left the beach and bars and shops of P Pollenca just to avoid them. That is a loss of business for the town.
I have not heard of this problem but did you complain to the police when they came around?.
Old 03-07-2012, 23:03

Totally agree with you poshbeck. Although they seem very lovely people, if you happened to catch their eye and smile at all whilst saying no, they continue to tell you how much it is and how long - €10 20 mins by the way.
I only saw one person say yes, and have to say that it was a very professional treatment by this particular lady. But I am not sure they are all qualified, and wouldn't really like to take a chance if you have any problems joint wise. A little too many of them in my opinion - I would prefer to have another helados man!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:54

Yesterday hubby saw seven of them between Sail and Surf and Tamarells. The day before he actually stopped 2 and asked to see their licence. They hot footed away. If everybody challenged them ,they would perhaps go away. we are going to make the police aware. Again if you phone or stop a policeman we might make a difference.
Sparky likes this.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:18

Good stuff, Lollipop. I first heard of the trick of asking for some credentials from a PP resident who was being pestered on Tamarells a few years ago. I've since done the same. They tend to move location from beach to beach, so if not in PP, they might be in Alcudia. Staying one step ahead of the police forces, I suppose.
Sparky and lollipop like this.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:32
Super Moderator

Excellent advice and if the police are made aware that there is a problem here hopefully they will step up patrols during the day .
lollipop likes this.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:00

My wife had a massage from the small oriental lady on the beach last year & said she was very good, though in the three weeks we were their we only ever saw her on the beach & an older guy a couple of times. Sounds like quite a few more are trying to get in on the act which can be very annoying if people are been pestered.