Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Euro 2012 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/8906-euro-2012-a.html)

mattydread 01-07-2012 20:49

Fantastic match! Can't wait until Wednesday.:D

mwc 01-07-2012 21:38

Enyoy the night everybody, football has won again.

Sparked 01-07-2012 21:53

Congratulations Spain!!!

If its anything like when I was there when they won the World Cup in 2010, there will be lots of honking from car horns and waving of Spanish flags tonight. Enjoy!!!

Spain played amazing. Totally outplayed Italy. They had no chance!

Viva La Espana! :D

I cant wait to return to PP in 13 days time! :D

PP_Kev 01-07-2012 23:42

VAMOS ESPANA!!!

The In Laws arrived today for the final, and will have a great time if it is anything like what we saw for the World Cup!

Looking at being there in 2 years time to see then defend the World Cup. I have never seen anything like the atmosphere that I experienced on the roundabout two years ago!

Sparky 02-07-2012 14:40

Sorry it's a late report but my brain has been on a go slow today :rolleyes:.

It was a FANTASTICO night here, we watched it in El Posito, mostly English and a few Spanish (of course everyone was cheering for Espana) but a great atmosphere with the neighbours coming out on their balconies every time they scored sounding hooters and whistles, screaming and shouting, cars driving around waving flags, blasting their horns and loud fireworks could be heard in the distance. Toni was beside himself with joy. When the game was over we headed into the square, it was crazy and the noise was unbelievable, had a few more vinos in Nostalgia, Debz & Co, LK1960 and a few more forumites were in and there was just a great party going on everywhere into the early hours :D.
I have only just shook off the hangover , needless to say i will be having a quiet day today :eek:;).

sws97sdg 02-07-2012 14:50

Sounds great mate, so wish I could have been there too, I bet there are quiet a few sore heads in Spain today, and here :D, going to check the dates for world cup 2014, when Spain play in the final I want to be there, now that would be something to celebrate when they win!! :)

whaleywanderer 10-07-2012 23:01

For those that were not fortunate enough to experience the fantastic atmosphere in Puerto Pollensa after Spain had beaten Italy to win Euro 2012.

SAM_1617 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

whaleywanderer 11-07-2012 11:26

Check out the post above!!!!!!!

sws97sdg 11-07-2012 11:31

Brilliant Whaley, thanks for posting, looks great fun, even more upset I missed it now :)

LK1960 11-07-2012 17:18

Thanks so much for posting Whaley. Our pictures and videos are not so good - too much excitement I think! We vowed to be there after missing out on the world cup celebrations 2 years ago. It was a fantastic night in Puerto Pollensa and great to carry on celebrating with some lovely forum members in Nostalgia afterwards too! :o