Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 08:35

We are having a blizzard in the Peak District this morning so its a good job they went yesterday!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 08:38

Oh dear, I hope they have good sea legs although they should make good progress!!

On island time!!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:12
Super Moderator

I was tracking the Pont Aven late last night and she was doing 24 knots, have just logged in now and she is out of range.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:03

That will be the gale force winds pushing them along

On island time!!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:06
Banned

"I was tracking the Pont Aven late last night and she was doing 24 knots, have just logged in now and she is out of range."

Blimey Sparky, you need a job mate................alright for all you retirees !!!!
sws97sdg and Sparky like this.
Old 04-04-2012, 13:40

Had message from Whaley and she says they are doing fine, Biscay like a mill pond. Due into Santeander at 5pm.
Sparky likes this.
Old 04-04-2012, 13:44

Phew thats good news, seems like they may have missed the worst!

On island time!!
Old 04-04-2012, 18:44

http://http://www.webcamsantander.com/

Check out the Santander Web Cams - down the page a way is the Pont Aven alongside. @ 1840 this evening.
cherylbb likes this.
Old 04-04-2012, 20:11

Just a quick update i'm Whaleywander's Daughter, just heard from my mum, journey going well, they set off yesterday around 7 in the morning and had no problems with the traffic down to Portsmouth, she sent me some photos of the ferry and i have to say i was very impressed, they docked in Santander around 6pm this evening and have just reached the Hotel,(Poseda Torre de Quintana, Laredo, Cantabria) aparently there the only guests there this evening so its lovely and quiet! They've got about a 6 hr drive tomorrow to Barcelona, and the ferry leaves around 11.50pm tomorrow night and docks in Alcudia around 9am on Friday Morning, its great following there journey on google earth, you get a real picture of how things look. If i hear any more i'll keep you all posted, xxx
Sparky, lollipop, clinkham and 1 others like this.
Old 04-04-2012, 20:46

Well all, here we are, 1st leg over. Brittany ferries 'Pont Avon' fabulous ship, very comfortable, good accommodation, we had an outside, 4 berth cabin and it really was quite spacious. The food was excellent and quite reasonably priced.

We seem to have been managing to just keep in front of the bad weather. We left the Peak District in mist and low cloud, by the time we stopped in Northamptonshire the sun was out and when we got to Portsmouth it was almost sunbathing weather, although it had just started raining by the time we were leaving.

Woke up this morning to blue skies, the Bay of Biscay was like a millpond, never known it to be so calm, we really do seem to have had luck on our side up to know.

Leaving Santander was a bit manic but as suggested we just followed the car in front and before we knew it we were on the motorway, which was fine. Hubby doing really well keeping to the right. As was stated earlier it took our Tomtom a while to pick up the satellite but once found it navigated us well.

Staying in a fabulous hotel called 'La Torre de la Quintana' near Laredo which is about 20km outside Santander and is set in wonderful scenery (looks like Switzerland in the Summer), a tiny village location and the building could almost be described as medieval, completely reformed though. However, finding it was another matter!!

Oh bother! it's just started raining, hope it's not caught up with us. Well we set off for the second leg tomorrow, the drive to Barcelona and the Balearia ferry to Alcudia, we'll know we're close to home then.
sws97sdg, Sparky, med777 and 3 others like this.
Old 04-04-2012, 22:22
Super Moderator

First of all, Danielle welcome to the forum. It is brilliant to get these updates from you and your mum, it's bringing back memories of when hubby and i did the journey. I look forward to hearing more updates and then seeing your mum & dad here in PP very soon .
lollipop likes this.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:08

Default Just Arrived

Morning all, Just to let you know they arrived safely this morning about 9.30 in Alcudia, Its been quite an adventure but they seem to have loved every minute of it, i cant wait to catch up with them when i fly out myself on the 2nd May, i managed to get a fantastic deal with Ryanair from Manchester to Palma £40 return flying back on the 5th, i think thats the cheapest fare ive ever seen to there!!! Already planning on where to eat for my birthday! :-)
Old 06-04-2012, 12:37

Brilliant news, Danielle. Thanks for letting us know & hope you have a fantastic birthday & a lovely break in PP.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:38
Super Moderator

Brilliant thanks for letting us know Danielle.
Old 06-04-2012, 18:46

Didn't my deputy do well!! Thanks Danielle.

This very minute I am looking over the bay of Pollensa from our 1 nights treat in the Miramar. The sun is shining and it is one of those beautiful clear evenings that we all know so well.

The journey ran like clockwork and we enjoyed every minute of it, although we did almost end up in Menorca but more about that later!

Off out now for a celebratory meal in Stay, I think we deserve it. More about our journey later, suffice to say we loved it and would not hesitate to do it again.
Mark, LK1960, Sparky and 2 others like this.

Last edited by whaleywanderer; 07-04-2012 at 08:19.