Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-09-2011, 14:37

Default General perception of PP

Hi and by way of an introduction (and a plea for leniency!) this is my first post on the forum so apologies if it's in the wrong place. After too many years away (6 to be exact) we are planning on visiting PP next year, it seems a few things have changed.
No Balaixa
No Galeon
(Hope one of our other favourites Mirador de la Victoria is still going)
No Open Holidays
No matter which way you cut it times ARE hard, I just wanted a view on how PP is fairing, in general, in a tough tourist climate. Have new places sprung up to replace the ones now gone? What are occupancy levels like? Is Llenaire still a nice, quiet option for a family? No immediate rush to book accomodation though I have booked the easyjet flights for July/August this morning. I guess I am just looking for a little reassurance that we wont be disappointed after several lovely holidays there in the early 2000's
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 23-09-2011, 15:27

Hi uri, Well iv'e been coming here for many a year and i thought this year things had picked up a lot where the number of people were concerned. Whether they are spending in bars etc is another matter, but for the first 3 weeks in september i noticed far more people around than i normally see. The place seemed to have a more positive atmosphere than the last couple of years. Re your point about being disappointed, i can't answer that as i have an unatural biase regarding pp but, if your disappointed there you'll be disappointed anywhere. Have a good one.
Old 23-09-2011, 16:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
Hi uri, Well iv'e been coming here for many a year and i thought this year things had picked up a lot where the number of people were concerned. Whether they are spending in bars etc is another matter, but for the first 3 weeks in september i noticed far more people around than i normally see. The place seemed to have a more positive atmosphere than the last couple of years. Re your point about being disappointed, i can't answer that as i have an unatural biase regarding pp but, if your disappointed there you'll be disappointed anywhere. Have a good one.
Thanks pollensafan. I am sure we will enjoy it every bit as much we have our previous visits, i was just a little disheartened at seeing the Galeon and Balaixa had closed down, however having explored this excellent forum some more since my initial post I see some new places have opened and old favourites (e.g. Stay) are still going strong. Cheers for the response!
Old 23-09-2011, 16:11
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum URI, i agree with Pollensafan. There have been many more people here this year and even early in the season things seemed very upbeat. If you read through the Bars and Restaurants section you will see that many new places have opened to replace some that had closed and the square has had a face lift.
Llenaire as well as Gommar and Pinaret are still very family friendly, so all in all PP is still very much alive and kicking, come and enjoy .
Old 23-09-2011, 16:15

No, Uri, you most definitely won't be disappointed - have been coming every year since 1995 and it's every bit as beautiful as ever. Totally unspoiled. The infrastructure has improved - there's now a road which takes traffic off the front so it seems a bit more peaceful. A few places have closed, but lots have opened up and there's still an enormous choice of good places to eat out (and yes, Mirador de la Victoria is still there - there are some recent reviews). Llenaire is indeed still a lovely, peaceful part of town - where I would choose to stay if I stayed in the Port - and the beaches are as wonderful as ever. Admittedly I am partial too, but I have been to other resorts both in Mallorca and elsewhere, and nothing compares to PP!
Old 23-09-2011, 17:01

I agree with the others Uri and Kate is so right that nowhere quite compares to PP. Whenever we go off on our travels over the Island to return to PP is a blessing - it really is going home. You will not be disappointed!
Old 23-09-2011, 18:56

Hi Uri and Welcome,

Two things, I know you won't be disappointed and take a look at this incase you missed it!!

Puerto Pollensa (Video -5/Calm Day), Mallorca, Spain, 2011 - YouTube

PS Lots of fab new places opened since your last visit!
Old 23-09-2011, 19:00

Wonderful Favie and again thank you for a lovely video Catalina. This would stop anyone having any doubts! Just glorious.
Old 23-09-2011, 20:36

Wow, thanks everybody. Really put our minds at ease. We have been all over the place for the last 5 years and honestly knew it was time to return to Puerto Pollensa. So happy at all the positive comments, and who wouldn't love it?

Seems to be lots os accommodation in Llenaire area so will tackle that next. Funny I mentioned it to my 10 yo daughter tonight and she said "is that the nice place with the yellow aeroplane that lands on the sea?" certainly made an impression on her!!!