Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-09-2011, 13:12

Default Dog Fouling on pavements

I have recently returned from my favourite resort Puerto Pollensa having visited there some 16 times over the years. I stayed in the boquer region. I noticed going to the supermarket that many of the pavements were littered with dog fouling. Can the Mayor and Council not do anything to the irresponsible owners in England owners are exoected to carry bags to pick up the excrement or possibly be fined.

I also feel the pavements in general need a cleaning.
Sponsored Links
Old 18-09-2011, 13:59
Super Moderator

This subject comes up every year Davido, irresponsible owners can be fined if caught but the good news is, as i reported here on Thursday http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...eps-clean.html
Old 18-09-2011, 14:32

Default Dog fouling

Yes, we have noticed a big improvement in the Pine Walk and Calle Pescador areas so far.
The beach guys are taking great care over cleaning the area in front of us - and now there are bins on the beach for people to put their rubbish in.

Also the motorised street sweeper has been round our area far more often than before.

I realise that there is still some way to go, but there has definitely been an improvement IMO.
Old 18-09-2011, 14:56

They were also using the path sweeper most days on the main promenade, the path here was very clean, also using the beach sweeper as well and the beach also was cleaner than previous times, hardly any butts, bins on the beach at regular intervals emptied daily, the dog problem seems to be more on the back streets near residential areas which I suppose is logical. As we have said time and time again, you cant blame the council, if people cleared up behind their dogs the problem would disappear overnight

On island time!!
Old 18-09-2011, 17:39
Banned

Just returned from 3 great hot weeks in PP and the above comment is exactly how I'd have reported general cleanliness.

There are general rubbish bins and recycling ones on the beach, new/better showers, new sunbeds and obvious signs of raking on the shoreline so the council do appear to be finally getting the message. Still some way to go though.

The large bins seem to be emptied more frequently as well.

However, you'll never deal with the morons who leave a soiled nappy (as I saw on the pontoon at Capri) or who let their dogs out to roam free and foul. Or those who refuse to clear up after themselves thinking it's someone else's job.

Still a great place to be though !!!!
Old 20-09-2011, 12:26

I brought this matter up last year though I must say we found a vast improvement this year regarding dog mess. The only thing that was a little dissapointing was the graffiti along the wall next to Eroski, but I suppose you get that all over from mindless idiots.
Old 21-09-2011, 15:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
Just returned from 3 great hot weeks in PP and the above comment is exactly how I'd have reported general cleanliness.

There are general rubbish bins and recycling ones on the beach, new/better showers, new sunbeds and obvious signs of raking on the shoreline so the council do appear to be finally getting the message. Still some way to go though.

The large bins seem to be emptied more frequently as well.

However, you'll never deal with the morons who leave a soiled nappy (as I saw on the pontoon at Capri) or who let their dogs out to roam free and foul. Or those who refuse to clear up after themselves thinking it's someone else's job.

Still a great place to be though !!!!

Re the soiled nappy i also saw one left on the beech. It just shows you the caliber of some people,
Old 21-09-2011, 15:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwc View Post
I brought this matter up last year though I must say we found a vast improvement this year regarding dog mess. The only thing that was a little dissapointing was the graffiti along the wall next to Eroski, but I suppose you get that all over from mindless idiots.

Mind you the 2 words on the wall Pan + chorizo beat some of the filth you find over here.
Old 21-09-2011, 17:55
Banned

I can't understand and I'm disappointed that a store the size of Eroski have not cleaned this graffiti off??

It's so off-putting to anyone entering the town on the main route from Pollensa. It can't be down to cost surely??
Old 24-10-2011, 11:14
Super Moderator

Have noticed that new signs are being put up around the Port warning of a 60€ fine for not cleaning up after your dogs. I think the message that this problem needs to be addressed has finally got through to the council.
Old 24-10-2011, 11:46

Default Dog fouling signs

Yes, I saw the signs for the first time too Sparky on this last visit.

At least it is a positive response to the problem caused by dog owners allowing their pets to leave their mess on the pavements etc.

I wonder who will be policing it though?
Old 24-10-2011, 11:55

Changing the subject slightly, during my recent visit i spent a lot of time on the beach and found it difficult to find a space not littered with cigarette ends, it's disgusting! Dogs are dumb animals, but is it too much bother for the guilty smokers to use a ashtray? or dispose their rubbish in a thoughtful manner. Stubbing it out on the sand
Old 24-10-2011, 14:36

I agree Smiddy...it seems to be worse than ever.

Eating Out
Old 24-10-2011, 19:59

Pet hate of mine too Smiddy absolutely disgusting ...... how difficult is it just to have a plastic bag handy and dispose of your cigarette ends..... yeuk I hate it
Old 24-10-2011, 22:57

Took a picture of the sign today the link is below I love it it certainly dosnt need any translation lol

dog | Flickr - Photo Sharing!