Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-08-2011, 19:39

Default Stick with what you know!! (In my opinion)!!!

After spending the last 8 years holidaying in PP we decided for our August holiday to try somewhere different. Decided on Portugal for 11 nights and returned 2 days ago. I was lucky as we did have a week in PP back in June!

Although we had a fantastic holiday, I found it very difficult not to compare it with PP. I knew it would be different and was fully expecting it to be but I couldn't help but feel that, in my opinion, if you find somewhere you love then stick with it!!

I couldn't get past the fact that it didn't have the wonderful relaxed feel of PP and although the Portuguese people were really friendly and welcoming, I struggled with the fact that nothing was familiar to me.

I told my husband, whilst we were in Portugal, that I think I am addicted to PP!! As I said, got back 2 days ago and have already booked our 2 weeks in PP for June next year!!!

I think it's official, my name is Sue and I am a PPaholic!!!

x
Sponsored Links
Old 20-08-2011, 23:14

this makes me feel confident we chose the right place to go! 5 weeks and counting! thanks for the confidence boost
Old 21-08-2011, 00:17

Consider yourself addicted Suemo. We did the same thing about 28 years ago and in the mean time have made friends with people who we consider family. When you live life in England at 100 miles per hour trying to keep afloat you look at Puerto Pollenca 2 hours flight away and think there still is a paradise.
Old 21-08-2011, 00:37

Did the same ourselves 24 years ago when hubby worked at Ca Vostra putting in a/c. Suggested we go there the following year. What?! I said, Go to the same place two years running - are you mad? Since then, we have bought and sold properties, visited about twice a year, and taken friends and family over. Although we love good old blighty and probably would never leave for ever, PP is the place to recharge and escape from realitiy for a while. Have made so many good friends there, and there is always another part of the island to discover. PPaholic? Well said Sue!
Old 21-08-2011, 12:33

Smile

We know exactly what you mean.....have visited Frigliana and Nerja in Spain recently, lovely area and views but imo nothing can beat sitting on Pine Walk watching that twinkly sea. Thank goodness we've got our PP fix coming up on 6th October. Just a week but long enough to visit Josep and our other favourite restaurants plus a trip up to Campanet where the cafe views are so beautiful. Next year hoping to spend a month in PP as youngest son has just received his A level results & will be going to Southampton University. Trying not to get Empty Nest Syndrome by booking trips to PP!!!
Old 21-08-2011, 20:54

I both agree and disagree.

Like many on this site my family and I have been PP regulars over the last 25 years. But, we only tend to visit every year or two. We interpose PP with other places, both in the UK and Europe. After all, it is possible to get too much of a good thing, and there are things that PP doesn't offer. For example, my daughters and I love sea swimming and watersports, so St. Gilles Croix de Vie on the French Veneer coast is better from that point of view; and Aviemore on Scotland is better for the hillwalking that we also enjoy.

Although for just chilling out PP is still tops.

Allanglens
Old 21-08-2011, 21:21

after 4 visits in three years - and another on 11th sept, we are fast becoming PPaholics - we wouldn't leave the uk permenantly and are lucky enough to have a delightful 2nd home on the Isle of Anglesey, with fabulous views etc and great for the family of all ages to enjoy and go sailing together , but now we will certainly spend at least 2 weeks a year in PP - . It's amazing how any people I meet who have been to PP and no-one has anything but good things to say - can't wait to chill out in just three weeks. It's been hot in shrewsbury and Anglesey today - but nothing like PP - of course !!! D)
Old 21-08-2011, 22:23

We love to go to new places so are happy to come back to some places, like the Pollensa area, only every few years.

The only place we visit with any regularity is Tenerife for some winter warmth but, even though we've visited for over 20 years, we've never really fixed on one resort there nor have stayed in the same hotel or apartment complex twice. It's the thing that's always put us off buying somewhere - we'd feel sort of obligated to just go there to "get our money's worth".
Old 22-08-2011, 15:48

For me it's a spiritual thing ( not religious). From the very first time i came here many years ago something thats hard to explain tugged at me inside and i have to keep coming back. If theres any truth in reincarnation then i must have lived here in a previous life because i can think of no other explanation. It certainly has nothing to do with so called 'Holiday syndrome' Because iv'e been to plenty of other places and none of them affect me like pp.
Old 22-08-2011, 16:10

Just logged on Pollensafan with the intention of saying exactly the same thing.....you beat me to it.....
We too have visited many beautiful places in Europe but PP just somehow just 'inhabits me' I am sure that my friends think I am absolutely crazy
Its reasuring to know its not just me
Old 22-08-2011, 16:18

And me as well Susie, brilliant post pollensafan, sums it up perfectly for me as well, we are lucky enough to be able to go away more than once a year and although we are visiting other places for long weekends or longer we will always return home for our summer holiday to PP

On island time!!
Old 22-08-2011, 16:26

Just back from a week in PP (trip report to follow) and a week at Hotel Migjorn near Campos , the first week flew by and although the hotel was fantastic the area just didn't have the same attraction as PP.
We visited many towns, Ses Salines,Santanyi,Sa Rapita,Colonia Sant Jordi but none of them had the same magic as the Pollensa area and I spent the time wishing I had booked both weeks in PP.
There is something special about the area and I'm addicted!
Oh well only 8 months to go....not that I'm counting!
Old 22-08-2011, 16:50

I agree with Susie & all other PP fans, and just can't explain what IT is, but roll on 11th sept - despite the dreaded flying ....
Old 22-08-2011, 23:21

For me its the people of PP and the laid back ambience, so relaxing and with so many restaurants and bars to suit every budget and taste, its little wonder we're all addicted!!
Old 23-08-2011, 07:59

Last year I asked if anyone knew anywhere that compared with PP. It was pointed out to me thst there was no point in going to a place like PP when you could get the real deal but three suggestions were proposed: Playa Blanca in Lanzarote, Nerja on mainland Spain and Cambrils on the Costa Brava. I didn't get to Cambrils but went to the other two. Playa Blanca was OK but lacked the beach and the buzz, Nerja was lovely (I'll be going again) but was a bit more touristy and I thought the dining out opportunities were not as good. Puerto Pollensa just offers the best package for me.
Back again next week and can't wait for my heart to go bump as I catch the first glimpse of the bay.