Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Stick with what you know!! (In my opinion)!!! (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/7894-stick-what-you-know-my-opinion.html)

barefoot 23-08-2011 08:31

I agree with all of the above. So much so, I moved here. Each member of the family who come to visit for the first time fall in love with PP and can't wait to return. Shame really, as I came here to escape 'em! :D

sws97sdg 23-08-2011 08:47

lol@barefoot

joelise80 23-08-2011 10:30

We have wondered about going somewhere else then when it comes down to it never book as we don't want to risk it :) So I completely agree with everyone else as I don't want to spend my precious week away wishing I was in PP...
But and it is a big BUT this year - the apartment we go to is up for sale and we may just use this as the catalyst to try something different next year. :(
Anyway 3 weeks tonight I will be on my way to our favourite place :D

JMD40 23-08-2011 10:49

How wonderful to hear all this positive talk and realize there are lots and lots of people who are ppaholics! Its not a new virus, been around for ages in fact but people did not like to talk about it too much, I first got it 26years ago and I have not found a cure, nor have I looked very hard for one!
May I suggest that there is no remedy for it but to relieve the symptoms I would suggest
LOTS AND LOTS OF VISITS BACK TO PUERTO POLLENSA IN THE FUTURE. :)

Sparky 23-08-2011 11:01

Of course there is another treatment which completely cures the yearning symptoms and that is to do what many of us have done..................take up permanent residence. However there is a side effect to this treatment......the thought of leaving, even if only for a short while can bring on panic attacks ;).

pollensafan 23-08-2011 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by susiejb (Post 63433)
Just logged on Pollensafan with the intention of saying exactly the same thing.....you beat me to it.....
We too have visited many beautiful places in Europe but PP just somehow just 'inhabits me' I am sure that my friends think I am absolutely crazy :rolleyes:
Its reasuring to know its not just me :)

I know what you mean about people thinking you are mad. Another word often used is boring. Then when i ask where they are going they tell me that they are off on a 8-10 hour flight to some exotic all inclusive destination where they are advised not to go outside for safety reasons and they will spend 2 weeks eating in the same place twice a day. At this point i laugh with the reply "And you call me boring" but it seems to go over their heads.:confused:

Sparky 23-08-2011 11:42

I used to hear that from people Pollensafan, my response was "you spend your holidays doing what suits you and so do i. You go away hoping to have a good time, i go away knowing i will". ;);)

sws97sdg 23-08-2011 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 63479)
I used to hear that from people Pollensafan, my response was "you spend your holidays doing what suits you and so do i. You go away hoping to have a good time, i go away knowing i will". ;);)

So true Sparky, people have stopped asking me where I am going, when I say I am going away they say, 'to the same place again!' I just smile politely and say Yes ;)

barefoot 23-08-2011 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 63474)
the thought of leaving, even if only for a short while can bring on panic attacks ;).

... and a nasty little rash! :eek:

Harters 23-08-2011 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 63479)
go away hoping to have a good time, i go away knowing i will". ;);)

That is, indeed, the difference between folk who settle on going to just one place and those who don't.

tibbles 23-08-2011 13:53

That looks nasty barefoot - a little paddle in the med may do the trick !! in PP of course.

In M&S this morning, in a queue, lady told me she has been going to PP for years and is off there on sat - and we'll be there 3 weeks today - we PPfans are everywhere!

Belladonna 23-08-2011 14:31

You are SO right tibbles! Have just been to my first Zumba class (dont ask!) and a lady there had just come back from PP too! The word has spread! ;)

tibbles 23-08-2011 14:43

PLEASE Belladonna - what is Zumba ? :D :confused: I only go to upholstery - Zumba sounds fun ?

Belladonna 23-08-2011 14:53

Official line is - Zumba combines Latin and International music with a fun and effective workout system.

Sounds tame enough doesn't it?! Lets just say I looked at the clock after half an hour thinking I had done an hours class! Not PP related so wont go into any more details, but look it up for a class near you if you really want to work out to Jazz, Rumba, Salsa, etc etc! ;)

tibbles 23-08-2011 15:58

Thanks Belladonna - thought dancing may be involved - perhaps a bit hot for PP - swimming and walking is enough for me when there - hubby likes to hire a bike - last time fell off but still intends to try again - it must be the magic of PP !! Am taking plenty of plasters and germoline this time.

Enjoy the Zumba - you'll probably have a week to recover ? :)

Here's to Wonderful PP and all her fans - and those yet to discover her magic. - funny how I automatically call PP 'her' ?