Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-07-2011, 15:38

Default What to do on rainy days

Hola, hi there, we are a Spanish-British family, new to the forum but regulars to Pollensa. The weather is not the best at the moment and I am trying to find out things to do that keep adults and kids entertained. We have seen most of the caves and Palma aquarium. HAs anybody been to the Planetarium/ Olive oil processing factory? Are there any indoor places where 8 year old kids can go and play for 1-2 hours doing some arts/crafts?
I really love cooking and wonder if anybody knows where to get some basic classes for the last week of July. I'm Spanish but live abroad so I would love to learn how to make the yummy Mallorcan cakes. We had some amazing "bizcocho" and "pastel de almendras" at Lluc Monastery and also "cocas de patata" at Valldemosa. If any local person is interested in tutoring cooking I'm bilingual Spanish-English and a qualified teacher so I could exchange some language tutoring in return. Happy holidays to all.
Sponsored Links
Old 25-07-2011, 19:59

North-star.
Planetarium is a good visit and with a name north-star an interest perhaps?. I'd recommend it for a night time visit on a clearnight. After the show there's the opportunity for some telescope viewing. However they do daytime shows and there is a fine display of metorites to view. If I recall you can view those without paying the entrance fee! One point to note shows are sometines in catalan only, others are in english but I can't recall if they do spanish. As I was interested the fact it was in catalan didn't faze me. The drive to Costitx is quite nice as well and its a lovely little town.
Old 25-07-2011, 21:53

Default what to do on rainy days

Thanks for the info on the Planetarium! Yes, your guess was right, we do love all about stars and the night sky so we will pay a visit to the Planetarium regardless of the weather and we will post our experience for others to know. Today was lovely and sunny and so the beach was full of people but it is also nice to get to see other atractions in Mallorca and to get and give feedback on what is worth to do and see. Holidays do pass so quickly...