Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 16:22
Super Moderator

Default Crime

Hi guys, i have suspended this thread until we can get confirmation of the events that were reported.
Old 12-07-2011, 16:53
Banned

?

If this is a crime related matter then I think we all have a right to know ASAP ??

Confirmation of what exactly ??

Why can't the reader decide ??
Old 12-07-2011, 17:09
Super Moderator

Nick, if the story turns out to be true, i promise you that i will re-instate it.
Old 12-07-2011, 17:17

You may have a problem accessing the crime report from the police Sparky!
Old 12-07-2011, 17:22
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
You may have a problem accessing the crime report from the police Sparky!
Belladonna, i did not say anything about obtaining a crime report or the police.!!
Old 12-07-2011, 17:25
Banned

I assume that someone named and known to the forum is involved then?

Okay, will have to wait I suppose.

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2011, 19:18

Very briefly, I read the post about the "crime" when I logged in this morning. I am not making any judgement but the report did seem a little strange and I think it does need verifying before it is re-posted, if that is the correct term.
Old 12-07-2011, 19:46

Well done Sparky.....I also read the item this morning and thought it was an extract from something that Hans Christian Anderson would have come up with.
There is enough fear of crime in our society, without someone using this forum to give others the impression that Pollensa is a hotbed of theft, child abduction etc etc
A few "junkies" in the park, as previously reported, are unfortunately a sign of the times, but the item this morning was, without doubt someone's fairy tale
Roll on September.
Old 12-07-2011, 21:26

Yes , a good move Sparky. It does all seem a bit far fetched and I hope it turns out to be just that.
Old 12-07-2011, 22:01
Founder

I am in the process of trying to verify this but meanwhile, please do be aware that there HAVE been several burglaries recently. Our property management company did say that some have taken place when people were present and in our block our neighbours, who are Mallorcan residents and live there the whole year, were burgled and various items including TV etc. were taken.

So please do be careful. Do lock all valuables in your safe, if you have one, or hide them when you go out and when you go to bed. The same goes for hire car keys, if you are not using them.

It is also quite comment for burglaries to take place on the arrival evening - people arrive, dump their stuff & go out....

Years ago our apartment was broken into - the kitchen window was lifted (we now have better locks!) and someone had managed to leave a wallet on the draining board.... it was found empty outside.
Old 12-07-2011, 23:53

In the many years We have been associated with Pollensa both as visitors and property owners I can honestly say that crime in my experience is low in Pollensa compared to many other places. As said it is important to be aware and take care as you would at home. Please do not be put off visiting a beautiful place. If you remember to act as you would at home then all should be fine. I think sometimes on holiday it is easy to let your guard down and this is when problems can arise especially when times are tough and many are out of work. This is the case in many places.

Last edited by eleanor; 12-07-2011 at 23:56.
Old 13-07-2011, 02:30

Did anyone notice the OP of the 'crime' thread had only one other post which stated Bar Coral was 'rubbish'. This is clearly untrue. Mods we may have a troll at work.
Old 13-07-2011, 08:13

I think because PP has such a relaxing laid back air to it we all arent as careful as we should be

I have had 3 friends robbed in Barcelona and we met someone in Prague who had just been robbed so in places like that we are on red alert but there are prblems everywhere I think when it becomes really frightenning is if someone breaks in when you are there

I never take my expensive Jewellry on holiday I decided against it years ago as when it is really hot during the day you dont wear it so where do you put it ? I know safes but I have another friend who had a safe opened in Portugal the Police thought it was a past cleaner ! I have some pretend rings and some of my friends thought my husband had been very generous with the Diamonds !! and therefore I dont worry I also clear all my cards out of my bag of any unecessay cards and we also have copies of our pasports on a email account so in an emergency we can at least show it to get a new one

The thing I mentioned on the post before it was cancelled was someone I knew being robbed at the bus stop in PP Her husband was pushed out of the way with a rucksack while he was getting on the bus and the " kind person " who helped pick him up helped himself to his wallet out of the leg pocket of his shorts ! Obviously a set up What she said after was she was cross her husband had so much in his wallet (when its all replaced it will be pruned before he travels again ) ! and how helpful the Hotel ( The Daina ) were and how helpful the police were
I hope the report wasnt true as it would be worryiing for people with children particuarly
Old 13-07-2011, 08:54

Some very good advice there copper and glad you repeated the "scam" with the pushing over and the consesquent stealing of the wallet.
Unfortunately it has progressed from a slight pushing in a queue to this full blown pushing over.
Like eleanor, we have been going many years and only had one break in in a villa, which was our own fault for not securing shutters.
I feel most of us have had a "brush" with this type of thing, but have also experienced it back in the UK. So it's just a case of taking the same care whilst abroad, but also as copper said, keep copies of all relevant paper work, and don't take unnecessary cards etc on holiday.
Now, I need to go out and buy some fake diamonds!
Old 13-07-2011, 09:48

If it was a definate crime then they must be the only thieves in history who hoover up all the valuables but don't bother about the most prized one....the passports

Also, he gave me the impression it was a rented villa, said they viewed the apartment from within, was the owner aware he decided to put the house on the market, i can think of no other reason why you would let total strangers into your villa, especialy with all that expensive equipment lying around

Comedy gold.

(I'm waiting for him to put me right)
Closed Thread