Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-06-2011, 18:21

Default wedding plans 2012

Hi there

We are trying to arrange our wedding for end of May early June 2012. Does anyone have any up to date information regarding possible venues/private villas to hold the reception. Our party will be relatively small approx 50-60 people. I have contacted Canon Mel Smith regarding having the ceremony at St Andrews Church in the square. We have visited Puerto Pollensa for the past 10 years so know the area quite well.

Any help or information regarding the above would be appreciated

Many thanks

Claire
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2011, 14:04

Hi

You sound like you are in a similar boat to what my Fiancee and I have been in. We have been visiting PP for years and are getting married in the Church in September.

We have had some great help from a local friend and my In-laws to be as they visit the port regular.

One thing I would suggest is make at least one visit before your wedding and meet up with Mel in Bar Cultural after his service on a Sunday. We found it very helpful discussing things with him about the service. Although you visit regularly and know PP well, visiting with a Wedding in mind, helps you look at things in a different perspective with regards to venues and things.

Hope this helps a bit.

Kev
Old 10-07-2011, 22:10

Thanks for the reply Kev, we have booked to go out to PP at the beginning of september so will plan to meet up with Mel. We have now booked the church so are looking into some potential venues for the reception.

Hope your plans are going well, if you dont mind sharing, where are you having your reception and is it this september?

Kind regards

Claire
Old 11-07-2011, 09:01

It may be worth while considering Golf Pollensa for a wedding reception, the location and views are spectacular, the food and service are also very good. It is owned by the Barnard Hamilton group.
Old 11-07-2011, 13:07

Claire

Our wedding is indeed this september, and our reception os going to be at the Miramar. Francesca there was very helpful.

Agree with the golf course as well for a nice venue to hold the reception, the views are magnificent. We enquired at a few places, but it all depends on what your after. Los Zarzales has a nice area for receptions and we also thought about the yacht club and stay. But we are happy with the choice we made.

Kev
Old 11-07-2011, 13:16

I don't think I have ever heard a bad word about this hotel! I'm sure you will have the most fabulous wedding there. Perhaps a few members will wander past and see you all in all your wedding finery in September!
Old 11-07-2011, 16:07

Hi
our son is hoping to marry next year in PP but we have heard that he may need a civil marraige first in UK, is this true??

Mike
Old 11-07-2011, 19:32

Googled and came up with this on one of the responses;

Getting married in Majorca can be extremely complicated. In very simple terms, if one of the partners has lived legally in either Majorca or Spain for at least two years, then the civil marriage can be carried out at the local town hall, followed by a religious ceremony in church or other approved location. However, if neither of the partners fulfil the above residence requirements, then the civil marriage will have to take place in their country of residency, followed by a religious ceremony in church. In practical terms for UK citizens, this usually means a civil marriage taking place in the local registry office in the UK, which can then be followed by the religious ceremony on Majorca.

Unquote.
Best bet would be to contact the Reverend and ask him the protocol now.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:12

We are going to a local registry office in the UK first to get our certificate with just our parents and grandparents. Mel needs to see the UK wedding certificate first. So yes, unless resident, he would need to get married in the UK before hand. I think this is the case throughout Spain.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:12

Jaime at O'lume was telling us last week that he is able to cater for wedding parties now
lovely garden area and food to die for
Old 12-07-2011, 12:23

The Miramar had a wedding a few weeks ago which was a great success. They can close of the sea front terrace for the early evening making it a fantastic romantic and scenic venue for the wedding, fotos and cava and then the reception can be held inside the air conditioned dining room. The Hotel Miramar will be celebrating 100 years open as a hotel next year.
A few years ago I went to a wedding in the Aucanada Golf course, we all stood around on a grassed closed in area in a semi circle whilst the bride made her entrance and the service took place with the most fantastic sea views and piece and quiet. It was the Puerto Pollensa vicar who carried out the short service. Seriously emotional. We had cava and knibbles served on the terrace there and then the sit down meal was at Restaurant Stay which has great experience of weddings, as does Can Cuarrassa.
Good luck to you and have fantastic time planning it.
Old 12-07-2011, 13:40

As JMD40 says, we our starting our reception at the Miramer on the Sea Front terrace (weather depending) before going into the restaurant for a meal as JMD says. Should be very special.
Old 26-07-2011, 15:45
Under Moderation

Hi There,
I am also getting married this sept in Pollenca in St Andrews. Also having our reception in the Mirimar. I was wondering if anyone had any idea of a good wedding Photographer? i have not been able to find anyone getting late now so any advice/help would be great!
Thanks
Helena
Old 26-07-2011, 19:23

There has been previous posts recommending Richard wedding photography, and I believe he lives in the port.
Try this link - you may have to contact him direct.

Wedding Photography Mallorca
Old 10-10-2011, 19:07
Under Moderation

My daughter is getting married in Majorca in June 2012. Does anyone know anything about the Barcelo in Formentor? She would like her meal outside.
Yhanks