Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 09:53

Default Swimming Pool temperature

I know this is probably a completely daft question (!) but what are swimming pool temperatures like at the moment?

We have a villa for 2 weeks from 9th July. Looking at the recent weather reports that Sparky has been posting, I note that there has obviously been a lot of rain recently, but the daily high temperature has been mostly getting in to the high 20's. Is this enough to be heating swimming pools to a decent temp? Are they already nice and warm? If not, will they be nice and warm by early July?

As I say, I hope it's not too stupid a question, and that you will all reply saying that they are already nice and warm, but we would just like to be prepared for the possibility that we might need our thermal waterproofs!!

Thanks in anticipation.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2011, 10:11

Depends how hardy you are! My husband is used to swimming in the North Sea and has used our unheated pool in April (he was in and out pretty quickly though!). I thought he was insane, but then I'm a soft Southerner. In July it should be fine, a really comfortable temperature. However, we have noticed a trend in the last couple of years for people renting our villa during the summer to ask for the pool to be heated, even when the temperature outside is in the 30s... Personally I find this rather strange, as surely the pool is supposed to cool you down a bit at that time of year?
Old 07-06-2011, 15:01

my pool's round about 20 and it's not heated. Thunder and lightening here now so won't be diving in just yet
Old 07-06-2011, 20:19

Yes our complex has quite a large pool which was 20 yesterday but last week was 23/24. A smaller pool will warm quicker once the weather settles and I don't think in July you will need thermals!!!
Old 08-06-2011, 00:23

Pool will be absolutely fine ...... were in an unheated pool late April and it took a bit of getting used to but was perfectly fine for swimming in, though still a bit chilly for lounging in.

Here is a fun question ................ what style do you have for getting into a chilly pool ?

Personally I am a walk straight in as fast as I can to just about thigh depth and then splash myself and get swimming as soon as possible. Mr CD tiptoes and eventually gets himself aclimatised and teen CD just jumps into the deep end and starts to swim like hell
Old 08-06-2011, 12:08

Thanks to everyone for their replies. We should be looking good!

To answer the question about how I get in a cold pool - my answer is, I don't!

If I really have to, then I am definitely an in as far as my knees and then tentatively splash my body in the hope that none of the rest of the kcdc's spot what I'm doing and decide to splash me even more!

Mrs kcdc is definitely a get in quickly and have a good swim around to warm up, as is 21 year old Miss kcdc.

The one I'm worried about is 4 year old granddaughter kcdc, who will certainly complain if the water is not nice and warm. But sounds like that shouldn't be an issue!

Thanks again everyone.