Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Just back home... (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/7433-just-back-home.html)

Rosie34 25-05-2011 13:35

Just back home...

I've just put our restaurant write up on the forum but thought I'd mention the general PP impression this year. Just a couple of things really - the new square looks really good - when I was looking at Sparky's early photos, I was worried they were taking all the trees and ruining the whole atmosphere. But it looks really good and the 'feel' of the place is still the same with the children playing 'nicely' in the square.

We went past the Sports Bar a few times and still think that it is totally out of place on the 'front' - it looks a dark and dingy place and noisy and .......... well nuff said really as I dont want to offend anyone who goes there.

The first week we were there 12th to 17th seemed very quiet in the port (although still difficult to find parking) but on the next Saturday it seemed to change and there were noticeably more people around. Out of the restaurants we visited, some were quite busy and some we were the only people there.

On the doggy doo theme, I think the situation has improved or did we just choose the 'nice' pavements!

It still has the same 'safe' feel about it which is so reassuring - I am sure there is crime (as there is everywhere) or maybe its because we are usually back 'home' by 10 anyway at the latest!

There is just something about PP and the old town as well that draws you back and makes you so sad to leave.

Looking forward to October now!

By the way, Sparky, we spotted you as we drove past Posito on the day we arrived but couldnt stop as we were in a rush to get somehwere at the time - cant remember where now - hopefully we may bump into you in October when we are staying in Pinaret as opposed to the country. We just get so lazy when we are in a villa and have to really make an effort to go anywhere!

I hope everyone has a great summer in PP:D

Tommo 31-05-2011 15:27

Just back ourselves. Missing it already. Stayed for three weeks, after a break of a few years. Met some old friends Toni and Martin at Can Ferrar, Juan and Javi at Joker and Manolo Bar Cultural.
The only dissapointment was the state of the beach in the area from the Miramar down to the Pine Walk and perhaps the road works. I know it was early season but the council should have things ready.

Is there a new Mayor now. Had a few conversations with a couple of the local candidates. Very interesting. On wishing one of them good luck he said thanks and said
Quote:

he'd do his best if elected and he could'nt do any worse could he?
PS. Sparky thanks for the regular weather updates excellent.

Nick 31-05-2011 15:39

Are there still roadworks in the town then?
I thought reports had said they're all finished??

Sparky 31-05-2011 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah (Post 59445)
Are there still roadworks in the town then?
I thought reports had said they're all finished??

Nick i think the only roadworks still ongoing are in Gommar (Gotmar) which has a 5 year regeneration plan.

Nick 31-05-2011 16:06

Thanks Sparky.......true, that area was a right mess when I was last out in April but at least when it's finished it will be better.

Cheers....

Belladonna 31-05-2011 16:21

The main road between Gotmar and the back of Pinaret had quite a lot of roadworks going on - well, more pavement works to be fair. All very tidy though and no traffic disruption. Pipework type digging going on, so should be filled in pretty quickly there.

Sparky 31-05-2011 18:18

Sorry but hubby drove down there a few days ago and although the trenches from the drainage work had been filled in the road surface was still nowhere near complete, especially in C/Corb Mari and C/Cadernera. Hopefully things will speed up now the main Port area is complete.

MoMike 16-06-2011 19:43

Just back home... but only just.

We were walking down to the Duva Apts. from Siller to catch the Hoppa. I was pulling the suitcase and Mo was carring the rubbish in an Eroski bag. So she arrives at one of the green bins, opens it and throws everything in... including her shoulder bag containing all the tickets and money!!! Good job I was bringing up the rear and saw it, as she didn't have a clue what she'd done.

Sparky 16-06-2011 19:47

Omg!!! that was lucky MoMike. :eek:

MoMike 16-06-2011 19:49

I know!!

Could have been worse... it could have been me.

Sparky 16-06-2011 20:07

Lol!! :D:D