Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-08-2014, 07:00

Default Bank help needed PLEASE!! ASAP

Morning! Bit of a disaster really! Yesterday my husband went to the bar to get the kids icecreams and I sent him with our credit card and the pin no. He entered the pin no. In the wrong order and so it declined and wouldn't allow him or me to use it again.
I rang santander and they said I need to find a "Santander" ATM or a "link" ATM as I need pin services to reset my pin.
There are no "link" ATM in Spain. So I need a santander. We found the santander branch yesterday but it was closed and the cash point outside wasn't a specific santander one.
Branch will be open today so I'm really hoping they have an ATM machine inside? If not I need one! Or a Barclays or other uk specific ATM machine to get pin services!

Please can someone advise as to where I will find one!

We. Do have a cash card but really don't eNt to use it for the charges we will accrue.

Thank you in advance

Nicola
Sponsored Links
Old 18-08-2014, 07:12

There is s Barclays near the roundabout you could try. Pin should never stop working after one attempt? You you try today.
Old 18-08-2014, 07:26

Had a look online, number of issues, santander cards blocked before pin even input. Try using it in another relailers, could be their problem rather than your card.
Old 18-08-2014, 07:28

Says you can access via autobank, stick with barclays,, choose options then unblock pin also.
Old 18-08-2014, 09:10

There are 2 Santander ATM's locally, one in Pollensa and one in Port Alcudia, they are both outside of Santander (Spain) branches.

If your debit card is Santander you can use it in Santander ATM's without any charges!

Not sure but don't think Barclays in Spain is anything to do with Barclays UK, I may be wrong so don't take my word for it!

Hope this helps.

Last edited by whaleywanderer; 18-08-2014 at 09:14.
Old 18-08-2014, 09:15
Banned

Absolutely right WW, Barclays Spain is connected in no way whatsoever with Barclays UK.
Old 18-08-2014, 09:33
Super Moderator

I think you will be able to change your pin number at the ATM outside Santander bank in PP, you will need to select English and all the services come up on screen for you.
Old 18-08-2014, 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
Absolutely right WW, Barclays Spain is connected in no way whatsoever with Barclays UK.
Barclays Spain is still part of Barclays PLC (as it has been for 40 years) but it has recently been put up for sale by Barclays. The likely purchaser is CaixaBank which Barclays has been in negotiations with for several months.
Old 18-08-2014, 11:17

If you go into the santander branch I am sure they will go out of their way to help. They helped me change my pin a while back to the extent that they even came outside to the atm and showed me how to go through the process
Old 18-08-2014, 13:33
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Barclays Spain is still part of Barclays PLC (as it has been for 40 years) but it has recently been put up for sale by Barclays. The likely purchaser is CaixaBank which Barclays has been in negotiations with for several months.
Interesting. I'd heard Barclays was up for sale. However, we bank with Barclays UK and Spain and when we opened our account in PP Barclays we were told they are different organisations??
Old 18-08-2014, 13:39

Quote:
Interesting. I'd heard Barclays was up for sale. However, we bank with Barclays UK and Spain and when we opened our account in PP Barclays we were told they are different organisations??
Nickpaulanoah you are correct. Their UK and Spanish entities bank under different Licences.
Old 18-08-2014, 18:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyone View Post
Nickpaulanoah you are correct. Their UK and Spanish entities bank under different Licences.
Most major banks with presences in multiple countries operate with different 'national' licences in different jurisdictions. The same goes for Santander which operates under a separate UK licence in the UK. It's still the same business with separate local management.

Lloyds TSB (prior to its demerger) operated with two different licences in England (& Wales) and Scotland... in a months time they might have to revisit that!

Last edited by James; 18-08-2014 at 18:28. Reason: Typo
Old 18-08-2014, 20:52

Quote:
And is closing I believe
Old 21-08-2014, 09:24

Thank you all for your help. After ringing santander Uk again if turns out I cannot change my pin no. Whilst here. The ATMs will not give this option. I will have to draw cash out instead as my card as a chip and pin won't work until the pin is reset in the uk.
lollipop likes this.
Old 21-08-2014, 11:04

Glad you have managed to get an answer even if not the one you wanted to hear.