Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 23:04

Default First time in PP Report - all good!

Hi folks,

Firstly thanks for all those that helped with questions before my trip. I returned yesterday after a week staying in Villa Olimpo in Bellresguard with my husband, his mum & sister.

Easyjet flights from Glasgow were seamless & no complaints. We hired a car through CarJet whom we've used before but the whole full tank thing is a total rip off (leason learned there)

The weather suited us just fine with only Saturday being overcast & Monday where it was quite cold & wet. On the Saturday we drove to Palma where the weather was lovely & we drove to Pollenca on Monday for a change of scene.

My 80 year old Mum in law is quite fussy with food but we did well to find places that suited her throughout the week. Our favourite had to be the Coral, a family run restaurant where we ate on 3 nights as they were so welcoming & the food was great. Nothing was too much trouble & you could see that they had many regulars coming back for more.

We also ate at Cappuccino. Having just read re previous problems I can say we had no complaints. I ordered a burger which arrived with TWO burgers in buns with fries! They offered to wrap one up to take home but I'm ashamed to say I ate the lot LOL.

The Codfather was another hit & I only wish we had such a good fish & chip restaurant in Scotland. The prices are VERY reasonable & we were stuffed afterwards.

We dined at Hibiscus which was a bit of a hit & a miss.

For drinks we enjoyed Bonny's - very popular & quirky fun staff. Loved it! Mulligans was also good however Elvis......did leave alot to be desired. I feel bad as he's from Glasgow but it was cringe worthy.

Lunch at the Hotel Daina was nice. Dinner at Hotel Ila D'or was also enjoyable. The staff are very attentive & the view is stunning.

I would definitely go back to PP as you can't help but feel safe there & even if you were alone you know you'd end up chatting to someone.

HTH
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2011, 23:14
Super Moderator

Hi MissDD,
Thank you for a great trip report, i am so pleased that you enjoyed your holiday here and that you will return.
Old 05-05-2011, 23:17

Thanks Sparky. Forgot to say that I also saw the Royal Wedding street party & watched the cheque handover for Breast Cancer. Amazing stuff! I will definitely be back.
Old 06-05-2011, 00:13

Miss DD

So glad you enjoyed your first visit

I really love it when people go for the first time and get "hooked"

Agree re Bar Coral , one of our favourites
Old 06-05-2011, 07:50

Great report MissDD. Very glad you had such a good time and that you intend to return.

Also agree re Bar Coral - great food, lovely friendly staff and one place we all look forward to visiting every trip.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:27

if you write great reports like this Miss D you've definitely got to return and post some more.

Glad to see the Coral get a mention which it doesn't often here. Anna, Jordi and Pedro are always so welcoming and have, as you say, built up a very loyal following over the years.

Hurry back

BonysLad
Old 06-05-2011, 10:08

Glad you enjoyed your first visit....you are probably hooked like all of us now! Bar Coral is great, they also have nice apartments.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:17

Lots of praise for Bar Coral then Miss DD, hope you get even better service there next time as a thank you! Glad to see Cappuccino get another good mention too. Looks like the teething problems are over.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:24

Talking

Hi MissDD

I really enjoyed reading your 'first timer' report and glad that PP made such a good impression - I know what elderly mothers can be like to please where food/restaurants are concerned - been there got the t-shirt and everything!!

Can you remind me where the Bar Coral is as we'd like to try it when we are there from 12 May?

Rosie
Old 06-05-2011, 11:19

Hi Rosie,

Bar Coral is on Avenue Bochoris just off the Pine Walk & is truly a little gem.

Thanks for all the lovely comments. I got so much valuable information from this forum before my trip so it's only fair I give something back.
Old 06-05-2011, 17:21

We enjoyed our first visit to PP 17 years ago and have been going back every year since - don't say you have not been warned - it's very addictive
Old 06-05-2011, 20:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDD View Post
Hi folks,

Firstly thanks for all those that helped with questions before my trip. I returned yesterday after a week staying in Villa Olimpo in Bellresguard with my husband, his mum & sister.

Easyjet flights from Glasgow were seamless & no complaints. We hired a car through CarJet whom we've used before but the whole full tank thing is a total rip off (leason learned there)

The weather suited us just fine with only Saturday being overcast & Monday where it was quite cold & wet. On the Saturday we drove to Palma where the weather was lovely & we drove to Pollenca on Monday for a change of scene.

My 80 year old Mum in law is quite fussy with food but we did well to find places that suited her throughout the week. Our favourite had to be the Coral, a family run restaurant where we ate on 3 nights as they were so welcoming & the food was great. Nothing was too much trouble & you could see that they had many regulars coming back for more.

We also ate at Cappuccino. Having just read re previous problems I can say we had no complaints. I ordered a burger which arrived with TWO burgers in buns with fries! They offered to wrap one up to take home but I'm ashamed to say I ate the lot LOL.

The Codfather was another hit & I only wish we had such a good fish & chip restaurant in Scotland. The prices are VERY reasonable & we were stuffed afterwards.

We dined at Hibiscus which was a bit of a hit & a miss.

For drinks we enjoyed Bonny's - very popular & quirky fun staff. Loved it! Mulligans was also good however Elvis......did leave alot to be desired. I feel bad as he's from Glasgow but it was cringe worthy.

Lunch at the Hotel Daina was nice. Dinner at Hotel Ila D'or was also enjoyable. The staff are very attentive & the view is stunning.

I would definitely go back to PP as you can't help but feel safe there & even if you were alone you know you'd end up chatting to someone.

HTH

I quite liked The CodFather, but,

The Anstruther Fish Bar, The Townhead Cafe in Biggar, both voted best British Fish and Chip Shops of the year for the past 2-3 years. They serve haddock not cod.

Try them out.

chers,

jimbo
Old 06-05-2011, 21:57

Jimbo,

Just cos you've all voted for more independence up there ( Just knew the havoc Snowy would cause once he sat foot there ! ) don't go throwing your weight around on this Forum .

The Codfather's Haddock is pretty good too.

BonysLad
Old 07-05-2011, 08:08

Having our house in the Boquer valley means that we usually pass Bar Coral when walking into town.During the season it is extremely busy so obviously the food is very good and my wife and I can't wait until we are old enough to dine there.Once we do then perhaps we will be lucky enough to get to know the names of the staff.