Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-07-2011, 11:12

Default Another holiday??

Ok !!
it's cold wet and windy and I wish we were back in PP.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Old 26-07-2011, 11:16

Same here Redshirt, glimmer of hope I may escape again in September

On island time!!
Old 26-07-2011, 13:46

For the first time since we first came to Pollensa, 30 years ago, we have been unable to visit this year due to my husbands ill health. We usually come out at least 3 times a year, a week in the spring, 2 weeks in July and another week in the autumn. We have been hoping he would get the all clear for a few days late autumn but the Doctors have advised against it even though he feels it would work wonders and assist his recovery. The man from the hospital, he says no no no! so no no no it has to be! We are obviously both bereft.

We love Pollensa so much and have often talked about buying a small place for when we retire. I doubt that will happen now .. But we can still dream about it though. Positive Mental Attitude !

The reason for telling you all this, and I hope I'm in the right place to do so, sorry if it is off topic, is to say how much reading the forum has kept me going this year. It's wonderful to read how the beauty of the area affects so many other people the way it does us. In some ways it's almost, not quite but almost, like being there reading about what's going on in our lovely special PuertoPollensa.

So a big thank you to you all especially to you Sparkey with your weather reports which are so good I sometimes can almost feel the sun on my back as I walk along Pine Tree Walk for my morning coffee.

There is always next year to look forward to, when hopefully, we will be able to come back to our little piece of paradise.
Old 26-07-2011, 13:59

So glad you have posted Gilly and hope you continue to do so, I'm sure after all of your years of PP your knowledge will be invaluable.

I'm so so sorry for your terrible year.

I hope things improve for you soon.

Paula
Old 26-07-2011, 14:00
Super Moderator

Oh Gilly, i am so sorry you and hubby are having such a bad time of it but hopefully he will recover fully and you can make up for lost time next year.
Thank you for your kind comments and i am glad my weather reports have helped in some small way.
Old 26-07-2011, 14:38
Banned

Very sad story there and not helped by this rubbish "summer" weather. What on earth's happened ???
Old 26-07-2011, 15:01

Sorry to hear of your husband's health problems Gilly - just keep positive. We have only recently joined the forum and already find it helpful and supportive. We have been visiting PP every year in July since 2008 - years ago went to S. Majorca and rather sceptical when first we returned. However, fell in love with the place at once and have been with family group of 9 in a local villa - only returning to Uk on 16th July from our last visit. Today I am trying to book another week in september - just the 2 of us - and to stay at a hotel as usually I do catering etc for the family and would enjoy a change. Hoping to stay at the Hotel Villa Singala as read some fab reviews. Hope the weather is good in september! Maybe will meet up with other forum members. Thanks for all help so far. Tibbles - in a very hot and sticky Shrewsbury! P.S. hope |I can pack well enough to only take one hold bag - have been using tips from other messages about packing....
Old 26-07-2011, 15:08

Gilly, as you so rightly say - Positive Attitude! Even the thought of getting back to Mallorca helps through the bad times, so fingers crossed for you.

Tibbles, September should be a fabulous month to go - I hope so, because thats when we are out for a couple of weeks, and also hope to meet up with a few forum members. Would also like to have a bit of a tan to return back home with too!
Old 26-07-2011, 15:52

So sorry to hear you and hubby going through such a bad time Gilly, lets hope things turn around for the better sooner than later, our regards and best wishes to all for the future.

Mike
Old 26-07-2011, 16:37

Thanks everyone. I'm quite touched by your kind words. I know we have to be positive and with next year in Pollensa to look forward to what more of an incentive does he need to get better.

I've also for the first time today managed to get the web cam at the Stay Restaurant working, followed the advice from on here, (jigggy I think it was, thank you) to use Firefox after being unable to get it on IE all year ... 'hey voila' it works, i'm very happy because my husband can sit and dream of Pollensa in high definition . . yay!
Old 26-07-2011, 16:44
Banned

Wow, it worked for you then !

How did you do it ?
Old 26-07-2011, 17:16

Oh Gilly I know how you feel I have just been diagnosed with Meneiers a rare condition it gives vertigo I can't stand or walk for 2 days, we fly out on Friday but the doc said go, I'm terrified but have been looking forward to this hol since last year! If needed I'll ask for a wheelchair at the airport I couldn't walk all that way.All the best to you both.
Old 26-07-2011, 17:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
Wow, it worked for you then !

How did you do it ?
Hi Nick. I used Firefox as my internet browser instead of Internet Explorer. Then logged into the Stay website, clicked on the English version and it was there . . . Brilliant!

Just try doing it like that and see what happens. As I said before I've been trying all year to get it with I E without success then I read jigggy's post and followed the advice from there and it worked.

Good Luck!
Old 26-07-2011, 20:00

I think it has something to do with the version of internet explorer. I can't get the webcams if I use the 64 bit version or I.E. but can on the other (32bit I think) My laptop just came set up with both versions I think, and it was just trial and error that I found some of my favourite websites would not run on the 64bit version. Don't really understand the difference but believe it is something to do with flash player/axis?

Car
Old 26-07-2011, 20:53

Gilly,

Best wishes to you both, I hope your husband makes a full recovery soon, although the medical attention is very good in Majorca, your making the right decision to wait and then really enjoy your next time in PP.

PP76