Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-02-2011, 16:23

Default Garage Advice in Puerto Pollensa

Sparky - I wonder whether you or any other local residents could suggest a local garage in the Port that would deal with a car tyre puncture. There is a garage close to the Eroski store but I note that it is closed today (Monday) and that it is a bank holiday tomorrow (Tuesday). Anyhow any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

Graham B.
Sponsored Links
Old 28-02-2011, 16:36
Super Moderator

Sorry Bails but that is the one i would have suggested (or i should say hubby did, i know nothing about car matters ) and being a public holiday tomorrow makes it worse. I hope someone else can help though.
Old 28-02-2011, 16:53

There is another guy who repairs punctures. I think he is called Tommy, sells mopeds on the road leading to the post office or could be one back. There is also a place just as you turn at the roundabout into Alcudia and I think he was open today.
Old 28-02-2011, 16:53

Thanks for the instant response. I've changed the wheel but really ought to fix the puncture - not advisable to return to the car hire company with a flat and be charged.
Old 28-02-2011, 18:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bails View Post
Thanks for the instant response. I've changed the wheel but really ought to fix the puncture - not advisable to return to the car hire company with a flat and be charged.
Bails,

Yes, Lollipop is right. The garage is called Tomi and it is along Roger de Flor between the ex Halifax and the Pharmacia. Quite near the Chinese bazaar shop. Very helpful in there and should cost a pittance.

Hope you get it fixed.

BonysLad

Last edited by Sparky; 28-02-2011 at 18:26. Reason: Comment removed, BL please behave.
Old 01-03-2011, 22:51

Having had a number of bad experiences at Tomis (overcharging, fitted the wrong brake pads, tried to replace rear suspension when there was nothing wrong with it etc, etc) I can say that I would not let them oil the chain on my push bike. Suggest for a puncture repair you take it to the Firestone depot opposite the petrol station.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:28

Thanks again for all the advice. When I looked at the car yesterday morning, I had a second puncture and of course it was the public holiday. In the end I used the Firestone Garage this morning because it was closer to our apartment and now I had to carry two wheels for repair. Replaced two inner tubes for 48 euros but did it within the hour. He told me that he thought the tyres had been vandalised as he couldn't find the puncture holes. That's not good news and I'm not sure whether my Annual Excess Policy covers vandalism - look forward to reading the smallprint.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:47
Super Moderator

Hi Bails glad you are sorted (as i said i don't know about car matters) but if he could find no puncture holes why did he replace the inner tubes? .
Old 02-03-2011, 14:37

Well - although there were no puncture holes in the rubber tyres - he suggested that a knife or sharp implement had been scraped around the rim of the wheel. Just hope there's no repetition before the weekend.
Old 02-03-2011, 14:41

Perhaps you could change where you park your car?
Old 02-03-2011, 15:30

Yes - I have considered doing that. Actually we are currently parked in an enclosed parking area which is gated at the rear of the Siller Rosa Penthouse - so it would not be casual vandalism it would require a degree of determination. Meanwhile had planned a good walk this afternoon so here's hoping the rain recedes