Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-02-2011, 12:53

Default How quiet will it be 1st 2 wks of April?

This is when the Scottish school Easter hols start but will many attractions still be shut for the season? Just starting my investigations on this and using this very useful site - looked at Palma Aquarium but on my initial perusal couldn't work out whether it would be an all-year round attraction or not. Mainly thinking Waterparks and coach/boat trips (have a 3 and 7 year old).

I also read something slightly worrying that said that all building work is prohibited between April 30th - October by Spanish law - err... does that mean that PP will be a hive of building activity as builders try and get stuff completed before the tourist season proper starts? Have finally gone for a small apartment in Llenaire so am hoping I don't turn up in the middle of a building site!!

Thanks.
Herbal
Sponsored Links
Old 22-02-2011, 13:02

Hi. To set your mind at rest on two counts; the aquarium is fantastic for all ages no matter what time of year. Yes, there are some lovely walks and tanks outside which are great in the sun, but there is so much to do inside that it really wont matter that much if you cant get out because of rain.
Re Llenaire. There is hardly any building work going on that would disturb you at all.
Old 22-02-2011, 13:21
Super Moderator

Yes it is true that building work has to stop from 1st May but last year they were allowed to carry on a bit longer.
It seems that many places are opening earlier than normal this year, so i don't think you will have any problems finding places to go and things to do although not sure if the beach will be ready, last year they were very late getting the beds and brollies out.
Old 22-02-2011, 14:45

Thanks for your replies and reassurances. I suppose we can always make do with a towel on the sand and some makeshift shade if they haven't got it together with the beds and brollies!

I really can't wait for my trip - I have visited Majorca once before as a child - it was my first time abroad and was in 1979. Looking round the site and seeing photos of The Caves of Drach and Palma Cathedral is bringing back some fond memories. I think we stayed in Cala D'Or - I bet that's changed in 32 years!
Old 22-02-2011, 15:25
Super Moderator

The season does not officially start until the 1st May so i doubt very much that there will be any beds/brollies on the beach when you are here but last year is was well into May before they appeared, which really was unacceptable for a holiday resort. Hopefully this year will be different.