Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 00:59

Default PP in April

Hi there, hoping for some helpful advice please.

We've found some cheap Ryanair flights in the first week of the Easter holidays (11th April) and through a work discount can get Flora or Massol Apartments for £210 for the week.

We've a 7 year old and a 3 year old. My only concern is whether PP is open as usual that early in the season -will there be much to do on an evening or will the town be asleep? We want quiet and relaxation, but with good atmosphere as well.

Any recommendations for Flora vs Mattol?

Many Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 01:21

Welcome Bill

From my experiences, we used to come to PP for the Easter School holidays which were the week before and after Easter.

We found, although there are places open, the majority of places opened on the Maundy?Thursday/Good Friday for the start of the season.

I think this year that Easter Monday is the 25th April so your week is before this and it may be quiet.

I am sure others will enlighten you more.

Enjoy your trip

My FlickR Photos
Old 12-01-2011, 01:31
Super Moderator

I honestly think it will be fine Bill, the impression i am getting from talking to people is that most places will be open because Easter is so late this year.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:46

Hi Bill

We have been to PP a couple of times in April - though not quite as early as 11th. The other year we were out on the 16th for a couple of weeks and it was lovely. Most of the restaurants etc seemed to be open and although it was not 'packed' the resort was certainly not 'dead'. The weather was lovely during the day mostly, but pretty cool at night, and certainly not swimming pool weather! What we love about that time of year is that everywhere is so green and full of spring flowers - just beautiful.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:23

Default PP in April

Hello there,
Most summer places open up the 1st April or if not a couple of days prior to Good Friday so I am sure you will be fine for the dates you are considering coming to Port. The weather is unpredictable but I agree the Island is at its best as this time of the year - not to hot so you can go off and explore the lovely green countryside - and the restaurants are quieter and Spring is in the air!! Flora normally has a small entertainment programme which you may enjoy - although you would have to check when that starts as some hotels do not start the programme until May or June.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:51

Agree with Rosie and JMD. April is a lovely month anyway to come over, but with Easter being later, you may find some places staying closed until then. It might be a good idea to mix and match your evenings - or even days - by going into Pollensa and Alcudia town, but there will always be something to do, and a really lovely time to recharge the soul.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:02

Hello,

We always come out in early April - to coincide with school holidays - and have never had a problem finding places to eat. Some places will still be shut early on but there will still be loads of choice. I love PP at this time - it is just so peaceful, and you can end up having beaches almost to yourself. Definitely a good time to hire a car and see a bit of the island unhindered by crowds. The tourist attractions (caves, waterparks etc) should mostly be open so you will not be short of things to do with the children. As Rosie34 says it can be quite chilly however at this time of year so do bring warm clothing as well as more summery stuff. However warm it is during the day the temperature will drop as soon as the sun sets. The sea can also be quite cold - too cold for me to swim in, although the kids seem impervious and plunge in regardless. I have to say that we have also had a fair bit of wet weather in the past, especially in the first couple of weeks of April - and when it rains, it really rains! We always come prepared now with games, colouring books and so on for the kids, just in case we are holed up inside for a few days. On the other hand, some years we are lucky and have two weeks of glorious weather... Because April is school holiday season there are always quite a few children around so your two won't be short of friends.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:34

Hi Bill - Although we have not visited PP in April before, we have stayed at both the Massol and the Flora. With young children I would prefer the Flora as there is a separate children's pool, small playground, some video games, etc. Also you have more facilities - snack bar, restaurant, bar and 24 hour reception. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly and the complex very clean. The Massol is simply a two small blocks of apartments with a pool a short walk from the Flora.

Hope this helps. Have a great holiday.
Old 12-01-2011, 21:52

All
Many Thanks for taking the time to respond - all really helpful information and we have a decision to make at the weekend. If we don't make April, we'll definitely make it another time

Thanks again
Old 19-01-2011, 16:33
Banned

Bill, there will be plenty of restaurants and bars open, you have no need atall to worry. It may also be a bit of a bonus as the place will not be too busy.

PP has lots to offer for every age, taste and finances. You and your family will have a fantastic time.

Not heard of the Massol apartments but never heard anything bad about the Flora apartments and they are 2 minutes from the beachfront and 3 minutes from the town centre.

Hope this helps.
Old 20-01-2011, 13:52

Bill, Our apt. is just across the road from the Flora with the Massol next door to us. You won't go far wrong with the Flora, although the resort will be quiet at that time of year (still more than enough restaurants etc). I would insist on the Flora if i were you, the Massol look OK, but are across the road and a lit bit more inconvenient.